Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Unbalanced Teams Cap Limit

#1 User is offline   Spacebar (old) Icon

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:46 AM

Playing Ctf on pub servers a lot, sometimes people will quit or 3 people join at once etc... Thus for about 2 or 3 minutes one team will have 2 or 3+ more players, allowing them to cap 2 or 3 times.

I dont really care about the score, but its annoying when the game is ended real short because of this, so i suggest a server side cvar  (g_stackCapture #)? (perhaps set to 3 by default)

This cvar would only give each player ONE point for the capture (instead of 10) and ZERO capture points for the team, IF the team has 3 or more players than the other. Also returning the flag back after the bogus capture.

The Opposing team(low sided) however could STILL capture and get full points if they manage to pull it off.

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

good design concept that.

still though the main solution in such situations is for players to fix it. what usually happens:

a) Some are scared and leave a losing team [so it's a matter of time to switch or shuffle]
b) Some act like bullies (or want to take "revenge" for a previous loss), winning 10-0 with more players and insisting [so it's a matter of willingness to not destroy a game or others to switch or shuffle]
c) Some just have no idea what's going on [so usually saying on pub chat there's a problem with teams helps]

a way to cool it down is to change map + shuffle. though shuffle is a gamble, it may make things worse.

#3 User is offline   Spacebar (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

Ya its always better to have players fix things on thier own, but this is mainly for all the CTF servers that seemingly just get thrown up overnight with NO changes to the default.cfg (or servers that dont allow voting for a shuffle)

Its really annoying to watch a server have a 3+ player shut out and then the teams just get overbalanced the OTHER way over and over until 2 or 3 maps have gone by in 3 min.

IMO, it would be nice to have this cvar set to 3 by default, any admins that pay attention could easly disable or tweak the settings to thier liking. Also it would be nice if by default voting was enabled ONLY for shuffle, that way any over-night servers will at least let you vote on that.

#4 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

I'd just like to chime in on the shuffle thing. 9 times out of 10 shuffle just seems to swap everyone to the other color and then even the teams. So if you have 5 good red players against 3 bad blue players, you end up with 4 good blue players and 3 bad + 1 good red players.

My question: does shuffle take score into account? If so, does it look at the scores from the previous map? (I assume it does not). If not, then what does shuffle do when all scores are equal? Does it just swap teams? If so, it needs to randomize the teams (y'know, shuffle!).

Only slightly related to this thread: when the teams are even and have the same score, does a new player always join blue team? It seems that blue usually has more players than red, and it ... oh never mind, no one cares that much. :(

#5 User is offline   Kabal Icon

• Account: kabal
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

Only slightly related to this thread: when the teams are even and have the same score, does a new player always join blue team?

afaik yes,since the beginning.

i'd like to see shuffle based on scores but i'd like more a shuffle that doesn't restart the map.
it's so irritating when someone calls a shuffle with 3 minutes left and you gotta play the same map again.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

btw, how can an rcon force a player to switch teams automatically? I've seen a server doing it.

#7 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

/rcon forceteam <clientnum> <red/blue/spec>

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

that's great.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942