Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Stop Yellin Cheater!!!

#1 User is offline   -DarkMatter- (old) Icon

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

Whats up all  :-D........ Before i go on Yes their are some noobs in urt cheating but their in every game ive ever played from cs to ut2004 ect.I have found since 4.0 their have been alot less if any.I have played urt for 8 to 9 years under 10,000 diffrent names here are afew : http://www.rundmc.se...d224b19059684c1
Anyway i have been called a cheat many times and have so have many other good players.I've even been kicked from game for cheating and was just much better then the kids on that day. I'm not the best player in urt but good enough to play =). before you yell cheater why not think of a few things.....

Most complaints about cheaters....

1."He shot me around the corner!! what a hax!!!"
Um....no he didnt you were either hit in the back,leg or foot before you made it.As far as i know you can not shoot through solid objects in game " i said solid becuase their are non-solid models in game like the white truck on superman beta".After you get shot and fall your body looks as if you made it but thats not the case.

2."He's all head shots what B.S!"
Ok this ones a little harder becuase head shots are so aimbot like but...Remember many of the players in this game have played for years.For instance i can go around most boards with my sights at head level
just by looking at the board around me "look for lines on walls anything that is at head hight" and use it as your guide your head shot % will rise.

3."He's a wall haxor!"
Again this ones tricky "first of all do you wear headphones or use speakers?" Me i use high quality headphones i can hear you meding around a corner, i can hear your foot steps around the corner much better then with speakers all so watch your guns and the flag.At times in game i've run up to a wall or to a corner and seen a gun or a flag sticking out through the other side of the wall i get the kill and their like b.s how did you know that i was their wallhacker!

I would like to end with not everyone is a hacker some are just better then other's and the crying should slow down if not stop.But if a true hacker is found he should be banned and shunned by the community.

[move]Thank you sid! for years of fun that you gave to your community for free i might add !!! pokes oswald with a stick!! :evil:[/move]

#2 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

1."He shot me around the corner!! what a hax!!!"
Um....no he didnt you were either hit in the back,leg or foot before you made it.As far as i know you can not shoot through solid objects in game " i said solid becuase their are non-solid models in game like the white truck on superman beta".After you get shot and fall your body looks as if you made it but thats not the case.

Lag can cause the impression of being shot behind a wall. There are two factors:

1) Client-side movement prediction. When you move, you immediately start moving, even though it takes a while for the server to actually process the information. This is necessary since otherwise you could hardly move at all and it would feel horrible. So often when you are already around a corner, you actually are NOT yet on the server and might still get shot. This depends on your own ping and happens in all games.

2) Lag compensation. The antilag code works by moving all characters back to where they were at the time the attacker actually fired the shot. So your target may have already shot you when you weren't behind the wall yet, you just didn't know about it yet. This depends on the ping of your attacker.

In combination, both can add considerable delays between you being shot and the time you actually learn about it (and die). You always have to keep this in mind and don't rely too much on hit feedback.

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

hah, -=DarkMatter=- I saw so many cheaters the past few weeks (of the kind that one turns without a millisec delay 180 degrees and aims on heads , no question about it) that I would understand making more mistakes lately about it. They are just too frequent because anticheating is little (and even if it's not catch-all when there is, at least it catches all the public ones, the majority(of those using them), or just scares cheaters).

I've suspected/got sure about a couple lately that later realized may not be, but I got demos of others boting 100%. I don't even bother posting them here, keeping them or recording them anymore, they are so many.

#4 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:07 AM

If I may, I'd like to tell those who do yell hax, to yell it AFTER they've spectated the suspect while recording a demo. If someone IS hacking, they are more likely to turn their cheats off when someone yells hax. If that happens you have no real proof. All you might get is a hacker that turns his cheats off and his score plummits, whoo hoo, doesn't help. If you think someone is hacking, just act casual. Say you gotta take a piss or something and go spectate the suspect.

#5 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:52 AM

I have played urt for 8 to 9 years...

Time Hack!  :mrgreen:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   -DarkMatter- (old) Icon

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

:-D Ty dborg for the helpful info.And i guess i was wrong about how many new cheaters have enterd the game as pointed out by fate swarm who i have seen in game and respect. my point was just that the people should make sure they are right before bashing good players and kicking them from game just because some one with no known skills cant hit them.As of late i have been kicked for 2 or 3 servers because i was "haxing" i have never hax'ed and think haxors are child like in many ways.I mean why even play if theirs no skill involved.  :mrgreen: Just make sure their cheating and its not some noob yelling it becuase he just got Pawnt...

#7 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:54 AM

lmao urt has been out since 2000!

8-9 years haha

#8 User is offline   kramer (old) Icon

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:15 AM

They should really make a version of Superman for UT4.  That was a fun map.

And no, headshots are not aimbot-like, snapping aim and locking on are aimbot-like.  All modern bots I have seen aim primarily for the upper portion of the torso.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

most bots just lock immediately, no question about being skill or not.

walling is harder to catch, it may start with getting an impression something is wrong with someone finding teammates easily but still hard to say for certain. one has to spec and make sure one is for example following people through walls while there's no way to have sound either (that also may be far away but still even if there's little sound it may be hard to be accurate following precisely through a wall, as a demo recently posted here showed). and still it may need a re-play in shownormals and still may not be 100% certain.

i.e. unless is ridiculously obvious watching alone doesn't say for certain in many cases (and did I mention one can just pretend there's no walling?). gaming needs at least a basic anticheat that catches at least the public ones because only a tiny minority of those cheating are able to make or use private ones.

#10 User is offline   -DarkMatter- (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:43 AM

Urt was out in beta since late 99'. the first time it was introduced to the public on a large scale was UrbanTerror 1.0 was released at the QuakeCon 2000 (August 2000).now' 99 . 00. 01 .02.03.04.05.06.07 hhhhhmmm seem's to me thats 8 years and were heading for ........oh yeah 2008 would that be the 9 year? hmmmmmmm
know your game better man =P

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942