• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ioURT or Q3 for Leagues?

#1 User is offline   JedyKnight (old) Icon

• LocationPortugal

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

Well im wondering if FS team will take a position about the version to use on leagues and even pubs for that matter. I know many still have q3 but many new players that started only now or most dont even remember where they put q3. So im wondering, in the future will you only advise (or distribute) ioURT to be used on leagues (or even pubs) since everyone can use it and it have all the advantages over q3 or you will take a standart position and remain neutral about it?
I know BE doesnt have a tracking feature like PB, i could see where that could be a negative point on leagues since clanwhoring would be much easier, but i think that is better then not allowing new ppl that dont have q3 from not participating on them. And im wondering if FS dont take a stand there would be perhaps many disagreement on leagues since most clans have pvt servers, some runing iourt, some running q3 and since they are forced to use anti-cheat measures, well i think you are seeing where this leads, so i wont even bother explaining.

I know its a complicated issue but i would really like to hear the opinion of the FS team in this matter.

Tkz in advance :)

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:37 PM

Not our decision to make, we don't run leagues. We provide the files (and full BE is coming). We also provided standalone, which the community wanted. So the decision will be up to the league its organizers and supporters who play. Not the dev team.

#3 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

My opinion is that people should switch to ioUrbanTerror, since it can get the most new players into the game :)

#4 User is offline   Riotta (old) Icon

• LocationPoland

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

I think the future of Urt 4.X in leagues is in the standalone version, cause it bring more players to the scene, and new clans. But there are issues ofc, like players with MAC's and Battleye and good guid system but let's hope that those issues will be resolved in near future.

Regards

#5 User is offline   JedyKnight (old) Icon

• LocationPortugal

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:17 AM

What do u mean by full be support plix? :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

about the tracking thing. What is this key file that battle eye creates in the folder the .exe is in ? Can't that be used like a tracking feature ?

#7 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

the qkey file is created by ioUrbanTerror and yep, that could be used to compute a guid of.

#8 User is offline   JedyKnight (old) Icon

• LocationPortugal

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

the qkey file is created by ioUrbanTerror and yep, that could be used to compute a guid of.

But even so, wont re-installing ioUrt just reset it? and cant u swap that file like renaming it and replacing it with other?

#9 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

Yes, same in ET.

A possibility to make it harder is to combine the qkey and some hardware ID into a guid, but that could cause problems when people upgrade their PC and stuff like that.

#10 User is offline   JedyKnight (old) Icon

• LocationPortugal

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

Yes, same in ET.

A possibility to make it harder is to combine the qkey and some hardware ID into a guid, but that could cause problems when people upgrade their PC and stuff like that.

Well when they upgrade just change the key and get a new one, i doubt ppl will swap parts on purpose just to tamper with urt :D

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942