Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

So what's the point...

#1 User is offline   Critical Bill (old) Icon

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:28 AM

So what's the point of being able to wall jump if all the new maps have everything clipped? Great, I can jump around like an idiot, bouncing off walls and whatnot. I can even grab edges, pull myself up a few inches, but the ceiling is clipped so I can't get on top of anything to snipe. Skidding around is kinda fun but it doesn't help a sniper much.

Tombs is a pretty cool looking map. Lots of places to climb. But NO! Everything is clipped. Prague, another nice looking map. Reminds me of Village. Except in Village I can climb on stuff, take advantage of roof tops, etc.

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

there are times when ledgeclimbing and wall jumping can be used and other times where level designers clip the levels to prevent jackasses from getting to places where they are not supposed to go. both features work well and many enjoy using them in the game.

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

a lot boils down to the test case of uptown. most either hate it or love it.

#4 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:31 AM

Whats the point? Play much?  :lol:

Many points on almost all maps have corners. How many times I've wall jumped around a corner and shot somebody pointing at chest/head height, when I'm up in the air coming down on them. Not to mention you can drag your stamina out longer for a rush by wall jumping. And as said already, you can do all sorts of crazy things on uptown by walljumping.

Not to mention its just fun. Imagine that  :lol:

#5 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

Whats the point? Play much?  :lol:

Many points on almost all maps have corners. How many times I've wall jumped around a corner and shot somebody pointing at chest/head height, when I'm up in the air coming down on them. Not to mention you can drag your stamina out longer for a rush by wall jumping. And as said already, you can do all sorts of crazy things on uptown by walljumping.

Not to mention its just fun. Imagine that  :lol:

WOOOOOOOOOT i can wall jump across the map from any and i mean any corner there is a way from every corner of map to get to the other with out ever touching the roads on the ground  :wink:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

walljumping and ledgeclimbing "boils down to a test case on uptown?"uh okay..if you think so.

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

i was talking about clipping a lot vs vertical map with roofs one can go.

#8 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

From the top of my head:
> Quickly get on top of or over obstacles that would require a slow and noisy ledge climb.
> Gain speed.
> Cross wide gaps (e.g. Sanctuary bridge).
> Gain height before attacking around a corner (VERY useful).
> And last but not least, emergency situations call for some excessive wall humping.

All of this does much more for gameplay than retreating to obscure spots does.

#9 User is offline   k190 (old) Icon

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:45 AM

there are times when ledgeclimbing and wall jumping can be used and other times where level designers clip the levels to prevent jackasses from getting to places where they are not supposed to go. both features work well and many enjoy using them in the game.

You sound very rude. Everyone else on the dev team seems to treat everyone with respect, yet I've seen many posts of you where you repeatedly call people jackasses, assholes, etc.

Stop it, being a dev member your only turning away people who are looking for a good time.

:cry:

#10 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:01 AM

Hmm, I beg to differ, I would not call anyone who plays our game any of those names or I would be no better than say kenny or solitary. And at last check I do treat everyone on the forums equally and with the utmost respect for playing what we have created...

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942