• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

.gw|Brains did he cheat or not?

#11 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

Bind "toggle r_shownormals" to one of the F# keys, they dont stop demos.

#12 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

I checked it out and it seemed like he is just a very good player. He reminds me of how I play except his situational awareness is much better than mine (plus his ability to steady his crosshair, I'm still a damn noob with that  :lol: ). The only thing that looked suspicious was that grenade throw like everyone before me has said. Most likely, it was a lucky throw.

#13 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

Thanks $NulL.

Just to clarify about the nade. The throw itself I felt at the time was lucky as well. I do that a ton "Ooooh nades, let me toss a couple over ... there!" What caught my eye was how he kept his crosshair at just the right spot and fired *exactly* as the other guy appeared. Again, he could just have really fast reflexes.

I will say that I found his situational awareness horrible. Not only did he not hear enemies that were very close. Other times he'd clearly see someone and then turn his back and go the other way without making sure he wasn't followed. Other times they'd kill one guy and then you'd hear/see his teammate engage with the second enemy, and Brains would start moving/looking the wrong way, as if looking for the second enemy.

Ane he moves pretty well (fast at least). I still can't figure out how to circle jump to get going so quickly (off one jump). That more than anything hurts me as a flag runner. I'm always out of stamina and can't move as fast as others -- even when I go without kevlar. I gotta work on this.

#14 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

/bind fx (f1-f12) toggle r_shownormals

#15 User is offline   noireau (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

wow.. thank you!
now I'm happy...
It's hard for a leader when he joins a pub and everyone says cheaterclan..

ehm yea... thank you that you watched the demo and gave a feedback!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

Let me tell you a thing to not forget, cause happened to our clan.

If you think or discoverred that one of yours cheated,
just ask for more infos in a private way first. (even if voices are spreaded, but players type a lot of BS many times
without knowing the real facts)
Talk to who discoverred this, talk to the player.

At that time we got one of our new recruit caught by a PB violation on a pub server (so no demo to watch).
I talked with the admin of the server where happened,
i talked with the player, i sent a mail to Punksbusted to receive a confirmation of a real hack related to that violation.

Don't do the BUFFETTI of the situation that put monster on the main page
without exploring details first.

just stop and think a second :)

Just because Punksbusted answer arrived a bit late,
Buffetti thought i wanted to hide under sand all the story.

Hell no. I just waited, i had the sad confirmation and then i did a public thread about.

Demo: shows clearly that Brain just finished what Watcher started,
normal to have more frags then.
A couple of lucky HS, but who never did some and Tlog apparently too slow to counterattack,
in one Casa moment, one Tlog didn't go to bandage or cover his team8 (but it was close to him...just a jump far)
no critic to anyone, just my personal point of view no matter the names involved.

So before post or kick, always THINK TWICE
and move privately asking opinions to trusted/experienced players and
then, in case, put all public.

#17 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

Haven't watched the demo, but played brain this week and got my ass severely handed to me on a plate (well more like my head actually). I specced him cause I was sure he had to be cheating... his stats revealed normal hit percentages and it didn't look like he was cheating to me. I know I watched *aBl*Sole play at his house and it was sort of the same thing, i.e. headshot, headshot, headshot, headshot... insane score... I know he don't cheat for sure since he played here on my 2nd pc and did about as awesomely good as he did on his own rig. I figure some people just play too much for their own good :) (and will now watch this demo but judging by the comments I know what to expect)

EDIT:
Well, I watched the demo. And I watched it with shownormals enabled, cause I saw him shoot a few walls in it and that bridge-nade+shooting was just too weird. Also, he moves around way to casually where you'd expect a bit of caution. And imo, after seeing it with shownormals enabled, he is using a wallhack toggle thingie. It's just my opinion and I only watched 10 minutes of demo, but if you watch it with shownormals, it looks obvious to me. You see him adjust his aim through the wall to the right height before moving from behind it, taking caution if some guy is visible in the normals and relaxing once the enemy is out of view... shame on you... or go play lottery more, you'll know it best Brain :)

#18 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

Not sure, i watched Casa before....with shownormals on,
maybe u had more eye than me (i was thinking about what to cook while i was watching, so maybe i missed something, lol)

sometimes happens to myself that my finger goes too early on the fire button,
but just because i do a wrong move with my hand. This means no WH.
...and sometimes happens that people got lucky HS, or too many (thx horizontal setup lol)
or extreme lucky nades shots...and sometimes if you are in the heat of the moment
you choose to follow the istinct and not mic communication.

Gw leader, did you ask them how they played?
they were in LAN, he got headphones with low volume or no headphones.
it was a fun war u wrote, so not much tension.

in the last days i've played without audio just to play relaxed
and this didnt affect much my usual good performance,
so i don't know.

did admins check the log to see if they wrote something strange on say team?

in conclusion: why do you think somebody is going to use a cheat against an old school
clan with 2 subs too?

#19 User is offline   noireau (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

yea.. i didnt want to make it public first.. but it was public when I heared about it.. some geeks like tiffle and so on flamed around :P (I hope tiffle will read this :D )

erm yes.. now I trust brains that he doesnt cheat.. preaim happens to me sometimes too.. didnt you ever shoot in to a wall?

but.. thx phantomas for the good tips!

#20 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

after seeing it with shownormals enabled, he is using a wallhack toggle

did you watch it with loud sound, and are you sure it's not intuition[1]?

sometimes, you just have the zen :-D

[1] that usually translates technically to the ability of a human to extrapolate according to previous information and not merely wait for immediate or short term information, such as simply knowing an opponent, even unconsciously.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942