Urban Terror Forums: European Bomb Mode Summer Tourney (ioUrT) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

European Bomb Mode Summer Tourney (ioUrT) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

This is an inofficial ClanBase quick cup, meant as a fun diversion during the summer break and a sneak peek for newcomers. It will start when a sufficient amount of teams have registered and won't last longer than two weeks.

Every team is allowed to enter, as long as they have a ClanBase account. New teams and mixed are welcome as GUIDs are not required. The additional rules are as follows:

GUIDs are not required and games are to be played on servers WITHOUT punkbuster to allow players with ioUrbanTerror to participate.

- Freelancers are allowed, this is a fun cup.

- In case of a conflict (cheater accusations, etc), admins may request demos from any player up to three days after the day of the match. If a demo can't be provided, this will result in a default loss. If admins are playing themselves, they are required to give out their demos to anyone who asks (during the three day timeframe).

I am also still looking for impartial admins, since we (p5) will most likely participate as well.

The cup will start once we get a suitable amount of signups, i.e. 8, 16 or 32 teams.

You can sign up here: http://clanbase.ggl....up.php?lid=4579

The cup channel is #urt.cup on QuakeNet.

In related news, if bomb mode is new for you, we are running a bomb mode public server which is getting a surprising amount of action lately. The IP is 212.72.175.58:27960 and I hope you'll drop by some time. :)

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

Cool, let's see if I can persuade my clan to play. They're not a big fan of bomb :(

#3 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

That would be great! I once convinced them to play a BM prac with us (when you weren't there) and they enjoyed it! ;)

#4 User is offline   Yore (old) Icon

• LocationPozna? - Poland

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:00 AM

My team - valour & honour clan - will play in this cup! :) I hope more clans will play in this cup. At the moment we can see 6 clans registered:

Friends Kingdom (international clan)
Valour & Honour (international clan)
LuckyStrike || Looking 4 (slovenian clan)
Street Fighters - powere (international clan)
Eat My Shorts (german clan)
pro5 (german clan)

Let's train bomb-mode, guys! ;)

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

do you run leagues dborg.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

No, I am not. I'm just doing this now because there are no alternatives.

#7 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:12 AM

Why would you make another BomB cup:<
I tried BomB and can't figure out why people like to camp 10 minutes and then try to kill campers for 10 minutes:<
No fun at all, just do TS and all be honest and rush!
The only reason BomB modes is here in my opinion is to force campy clans to rush for 10 minutes.
and for the other lots of clans who rush all the time, they just get forced camping:<
so i rather play rushy TS and a campy game once in a while vs people who don't get it(or just like to play slow)

Woekele needs to try harder to get me play Bomb:P
GL woekele!
Im waiting for a TS cup or even CTF although we never play that, @ least its fun:D

#8 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:54 AM

Why "another", the last quick cup was Team Survivor and there has been no bomb mode competition for stand-alone players yet.

I haven't seen much camping in bomb mode (including the last time we played it against you), unless it was on Sanctuary maybe. Usually it is more effective to use the entire map than just sitting and waiting on the bomb spots.

Camping is not dishonest, it is a valid strategy. If you play TS, then deal with it. If you don't want to deal with it, play bomb mode. There is an excellent article about issues like these: http://www.sirlin.ne...-to-win-part-1/
I recommend to read this and think about how it applies to most people's attitude towards TS.

If you just want to have fun "killing people", then it probably won't matter to you. But games get a lot deeper and challenging once the participants actually play it to win, developing the most effective tactics and counter-tactics without compromise.

I'm not sure if URT will every be a really good platform for this kind of competition. I was going to put as much effort into it as I could, but right now I am more excited about Go. So after this cup I will probably just sit back and see how it develops. I will stick to my opinion that URT does have the potential and that bomb mode is an important part of it.

Anyway, the cup will probably start with the eight sign-ups now, unless some teams can't make it.

#9 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

Last time i played BomB i don't remember vs who it was.
It just looked campy to me from the defending teams.
We did not know what to do when defending so we camped @ BomB spots 2, tried some variations on that.
And the last euro cup was BomB thats why i said "another"

and yes camping is not dishonest its a strategy, I agree.
But i still don't like doing it or play vs a clan who does it.
If a clan camps most of the time we just keep rushing and loose.
Or we decide to take it a little slower to try to win, but every chance we see to rush we take for sure.
I believe a good rushing clan will beat the good camping clan.

but anyway I don't like the Bomb mode and the way its played.
The TS ladder is much more active then the Bomb ladder for what reason?
you figure it out.

lol just checked clanbase and saw the Bomb ladder is removed.

just make the cups TS and you will see allot more clans will sign in.

but this is all a matter of opinion so if you think about it different its ok:P
cya around dborg

#10 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

I personally wants to compete in this to get a taste of UrT competition. But are we too late to sign up yet? Well i dont even know or enough people in my team are interested ..

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942