#12 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:29 PM

how about that lgsl modules for php?
http://e107.org

That won't do it. Player search, how would you pull that off? Game search, master list browsing... And I don't want this to be phpNuke page, nothing more ghetto. Sorry if I seem a bit grouchy, but I've had a migraine all day and I just woke up.

#13 Guest_i_saved_guiddb

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:22 PM

Dunno why you are arsing yourself reinventing the wheel. SID had perfectly good master server + web interface, so why rewrite it all?

#14 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:30 PM

Because BASiLiSK is gone, and along with him went said master server and web based server browser.

#15 Guest_i_saved_guiddb

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:18 AM

[quote name='"illogical"]Because BASiLiSK is gone' date=' and along with him went said master server and web based server browser.[/quote']
So he didn't leave the application and source with SID? Well, I guess that's a good reason, although I find it hard to believe that you aren't doing merely to fight boredom and perhaps find purpose for being here...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:09 PM

I've been around long enough to realize worthwhile contributions need to be made. Apparently you've yet to figure this out.

#17 Guest_i_saved_guiddb

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:23 AM

I've been around long enough to realize worthwhile contributions need to be made. Apparently you've yet to figure this out.

I agree, but its not really "worthwhile" when you could just reuse things that have already been developed. Check with the dev team, I thought it was pretty apparant that the last coder SID guy passed everything off when he left.

You don't take direct questioning very well, do you? I'll try to be more sensitive to that in my upcoming posts.

#18 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

Last I checked, I'm not part of Silicon Ice Dev. As such, there is no reason for them to release anything they have to me. Even if offered code pertaining to what I'm doing, I would have to refuse it as I am at a point where that code has already been recreated. So what if I "re-invented the wheel", I'm learning valuable lessons from doing so.

#19 Guest_i_saved_guiddb

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:27 AM

Yes, like how you learned today that .NET runs on Win32 *AND* Linux!

#20 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:03 AM

Basilisk not only took the source code of the master server with him (according to 27 i think) but he also "took" the forums with him...not only once. Bas i just a major asshat and was booted from SID.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942