Urban Terror Forums: 3.6 Not bad. Not the greatest either. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3.6 Not bad. Not the greatest either.

#1 User is offline   Nadebait (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:52 PM

3.6 umm fun heres what I think
Goods:
1.Walljumping! Its takin the jumping part of the game to a whole new skill and its fun watching noobs double jump to their death.
2.Map updates! Abbey is fun now without the rediculous standoffs in ctf and the flag positions are a bit more balanced.
3.SR8 to 2.5, this gun still needs a crouching and being hit in the arm/hands penalty but its put it back into its defesive role.
4.It says 3.6........
The ugly side:
1.Kevlar dropping, this is the lamest thing ever! I can understand no kevlar and doubling stamina especially for negev tactics and having a runner but being able to automatically drop it is still in and its really cheap. Perhaps a 3-4 second time to take it off would fix this in the et port.
2. Negev was fine for once then it got nerfed again, yet another useless thing put into the game to make it look cooler.
3. Leg shots should slow down people more not less.
4. Headsot damage should be up and a random chest damage would have been something interesting tactics wise.
And last not a complaint but bomb mode should have a defender/attacker rotation without reloading the map to keep people playing it in ut:et.

#2 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:36 PM

erm, the map doesnt reload during halftime.

#3 User is offline   Nadebait (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:39 PM

i always have to reconnect now

#4 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:06 PM

1.Kevlar dropping, this is the lamest thing ever! I can understand no kevlar and doubling stamina especially for negev tactics and having a runner but being able to automatically drop it is still in and its really cheap. Perhaps a 3-4 second time to take it off would fix this in the et port.

Eh? The only difference is that now there is a cvar for it. Before it was just to pick the kevlar first as an item. The when hitting dropitem the kevlar spiffs off. So what's the big deal? And why the delay? It would only slow the game down. "Lamest thing ever". Heh... :roll:

#5 User is offline   Nadebait (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:12 PM

If you cou hold a gun and remove a vest while jumping at the same time even in urt as unrealistic as it is, its still a load of bullshit and takes skill and zeal away from capping a flag.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nixon (old) Icon

• LocationMaryland

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:41 PM

UrT never claimed to be realistic. Fun over realism.

#7 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:54 PM

[quote name='"Nadebait"]If you cou hold a gun and remove a vest while jumping at the same time even in urt as unrealistic as it is' date=' its still a load of sh*t and takes skill and zeal away from capping a flag.[/quote']

And this you found out now?

#8 User is offline   Nadebait (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:07 PM

Dropping whats in your hands or dropping the flag is one thing, just thought it would have been tweaked by now to stop laggers jumping across maps like laneway in an instant. Whats the point anymore if your capper can just run and hop away faster than some cars without some kind of equalizer for it(something other than taking more damage). And i never once said realism.......

#9 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:00 PM

I have no problems with laggers when antiwarp is enabled.

#10 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:28 PM

1. Being able to move faster with leg damage was previously in the mod, it worked well, we brought it back.

2. Item dropping, the community had been asking for this feature for ANY item.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942