• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3.6 installer? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dex Icon

• Account: dex

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:45 PM

Just wondering if there are any plans for a 3.6 installer, even if it is "unofficial". It doesn't seem like there are any glaring bugs left...so why not just make this final and do an installer.

(btw, YES, I know I can just copy the pak files into the folder, but I would like this for MML3 so I can more easily distribute the mod).

#2 User is offline   Nixon (old) Icon

• LocationMaryland

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:52 PM

I still do not see the point of making an installer for placing 7 files into 1 folder. I could see if the game required system files to be placed in different fiolders, but it doesn't. If you want to distribute the game easier, all you need is a zip with all the pk3's in a q3ut3 folder, then a readme that says, extract the q3ut3 folder to the Quake III Arena folder. There is no need to waste time on an installer.

#3 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:55 PM

The installer should come when we are sure everything is perfect and no bugs. There still is the watercrouch bug though.

#4 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:13 PM

not high on our priority list...but we have someone who will create an installer when the time comes. there is a full zip, with instructions, very simple to extract

#5 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

installing urt isnt as much of a problem as installing maps.

just about every single new player has trouble downloading 3rd party maps. either they save the .pk3 file with a .zip extension (fxcking winzip) or they dont unzip it at all.

i think all mappers should spend the extra 5 minutes to make an installer for their maps so new players dont have such a tough time.

of course this would all be independent of sid. well, it would be nice to have installers like the unreal series has for all 3rd party developers to use, but that's asking too much.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:09 PM

I dont like running .exe's. So I wouldnt use that.

#7 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:17 PM

An installer for a map? That is a waste of time. Regardless of what they do for Unreal.

#8 User is offline   sixtyVolts (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

There are map installers for Unreal??!?? LMFAO

#9 User is offline   dex Icon

• Account: dex

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:09 AM

Maybe things will be different at MML3, but if people are like other LAN partys I've gone to, its "not worth the effort". Although it could be more that they have to get a Quake 3 cd and install that first.

Thanks for a reply though.

#10 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:37 AM

I always make a complete zip for when I go to lans including Q3-files. But ooooooooh, that's illegal. Oh, is it? Damn... :lol:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942