• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ideas for 4.1, post em' here!

#1 User is offline   EanMasta (old) Icon

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

Okay, everyone, post ideas for 4.1 and reasons for them here.

Idea 1. Set sv_timeout higher (seta sv_timeout "3600")
Reason- Many players have the "AWAITING SNAPSHOT" screen because they did not load in time. This is because sv_timeout is set to only 60. Servers for some reason won't set this any higher, maybe because they are noobs, are afraid of editing configs, or just are part of the conspiracy to make everyone constantly buy a new PC.

Idea 2. Akimbo pistols
Reason- All modern fpses have this, is downright cool.

Idea 3. More weapons
Reason- Adds to replayability and gameplay value.

Idea 4. Pronage (ability to lie prone)
Reason- Adds to realism, replayability, and strategic value.

Idea 5. Improved Laser Sight
Reason- The current laser sight is useless because it always stays at the location of the crosshair, not where the gun is actually pointing...

Idea 6. Vehicles
Reason- Improves replayability and strategy and is downright fun.

Idea 7. Larger maps
Reason-Once the sv_timeout default is set to 3600 (1 hour) noone will have problems connecting to a session, and thus not have to worry about larger maps. Larger maps add to the strategy and replayabilty and are of course necessary if vehicles are in 4.1

Idea 8. More detailed death animations
Reason-I can live with the current animations but more animations would make killing so much more dynamic...

#2 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

Hate to tell you but every suggestion you have made except for the larger maps has been made multiple times over the last 6+ years I have been loitering on the forums and all have been turned down multiple times. Larger maps would fall under the responsibility of 3rd party mappers. The only really good large maps in the past have been by 3rd party mappers. Be patient. UT4 is still relatively new.

#3 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Idea 5. Improved Laser Sight
Reason- The current laser sight is useless because it always stays at the location of the crosshair, not where the gun is actually pointing...

You just don't understand how it works. Your gun is always aimed directly at your crosshair. When you fire, a small amount of random deviation is added to the crosshair. The size of the deviation depends on the weapon, whether it was just fired, whether you're moving/jumping/swimming, etc.

Both the silencer (less so) and laser sight reduce the deviation. The laser sight is not designed to help you aim the gun better. Instead, it simulates improving your aim by reducing the deviation from the crosshair.

#4 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

Idea 2, 3 and 4 are definate no. Current laser sight works fine. Item 6 is a no, as this is NOT BF2, which sort of goes hand in hand with Item 7, "larger maps." Our game does is not intended for larger maps. Don't look at animations being improved from here on out on the Q3 version of the game.

#5 User is offline   noireau (old) Icon

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

the only thing that I would improve would be a fire grenade like in Sof2 or slap ppl with your hand when you havent got anything in your hand.. :D

but.. I thing the devs do everything great and dont need to hear advices from us

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ChidoriARX7 (old) Icon

• LocationTemecula, CA, still dreaming on going to Japan ^^

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

lol I actually like the idea of punching or just hand-to-hand combat in case you threw all your knives and didn't get them back.

#7 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

lol I actually like the idea of punching or just hand-to-hand combat in case you threw all your knives and didn't get them back.

You can kick... Select a one-handed weapon and jump. I think it shouldn't be possible to throw the last knife though.

#8 User is offline   EanMasta (old) Icon

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:04 AM

How can you kick? And I think that slapping/punching is a good idea as well.

But why can't the devs add more weapons and make the laser sight realistic? Adding more weapons isn't too
burdening, especially if they are modeled by third party groups. I think the only reason for not having Akimbo is just laziness...

#9 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

I think calling anyone lazy is just cause for flammage, I can't even make time to put together a simply demo vid of the basics to help newbs get schooled up faster, let alone do any 'real work' on par with this game.  The people who do the work are as busy as myself I'm sure.

Funny I don't recall being able to carry dual pistols in quakeIII Arena, were they lazy when they made that game?  :roll:

Really, this game has been around and pretty well supported since like forever in video game years, so calling anyone lazy is just...ugh. 

c'mere....

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:35 AM

I think the only reason for not having Akimbo is just laziness...

Or just maybe the developers don't want it in their game?

8 posts, all complaints or insults except for one full of suggestions that have been deep-sixed repeatedly. Wow, you're off to a good start.

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942