Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mapcycle question Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_nick1

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:37 PM

Greetings,

I copied the example mapcycle.txt file from the UT manual and saved it as mapcycle.txt and placed it into my D:Program FilesQuake III ArenaQ3UT3 directory. My question is: do I need to run a dedicated server in order to use the mapcycle file? When I set "dedicated" to "no" it appears that the mapcycle file is not being read because the same map is being played over and over again. So I was just wondering if "dedicated" needs to be set to "lan" or "internet" in order for the mapcycle file to be used.

Thanks for your time,

Nick

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

hmmm, the mapcycle.txt should also work when you dont have a dedicated server I think. Try doing /cyclemap in console when you want to to go to the next map. If theres a timelimit set, it should go to the next map automaticly when the times up. Dedicated LAN or Internet doesnt mather, that only changes if the server sends heartbeats to the masterserver or not, so that other people can see the server.

#3 User is offline   nvh (old) Icon

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:34 AM

I have exactly the same question. When running a dedicated server on linux with:
./ioUrTded.i386 +exec server.cfg
Or on OSX with:
./ioUrbanTerror.app/Contents/MacOS/ioUrbanTerror.ub +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2
the command 'cyclemap' changes to the next map in my mapcycle.txt, but when I start the server with the same server.cfg but _without_ the '+set dedicated 2' the cyclemap command only reloads the current map instead of switching to the next.

Another question that would also solve this problem: Is it possible to have a dedicated server running on OSX and joining the game on that server with the same computer at the same time? When I start have a dedicated server running, my mac won't start the normal game because there is already an ioUrbanTerror process running. Is there a way to work around this?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942