ut4_mandolin
ut4_uptown
ut4_turnpike
ut4_austria
ut4_algiers
ut4_riyadh
ut4_thingley
ut4_crossing

I just dont know how to setup plz help me.

#2 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

Winders, Linux, mac?

Browse to the game folder.  Under Urban Terror (if you run IO) you'll find a folder called q3ut4.  If it's quake you go to the quake folder of course, and find the q3ut4 folder there.  In the qtut4 folder is a text file called mapcycle.txt.  The contents of that file make up your mapcycle.  Also in the q3ut4 folder, is the server.cfg.  Somewhere in that server.cfg (usually found near the bottom) is a line that tells the server what map to start with, it looks like this: map ut4_casa.  Since the first map in your map cycle is prague, you'll need to make sure that this map command in the server.cfg starts the server with the same map that appears first in your map cycle, in your case it should look like this:

map ut4_prague

We need better information if this isn't enough to fix you up.  :wink:

#3 User is offline   crazyman1175 (old) Icon

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:11 AM

O srry i did all that a few times. I have windows. It just want work i have been messing with this for hours.

#4 User is offline   crazyman1175 (old) Icon

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:14 AM

you can talk to me by forums or game im one of the name below

blue hazard
wazup
crazyman
or randy

#5 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:16 AM

O srry i did all that a few times. I have windows. It just want work i have been messing with this for hours.

I need you to define "just won't work" in more detail please.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   crazyman1175 (old) Icon

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:19 AM

O srry when i tested it i put in password and pressed cyclemap and it will say diconnected and in about 20 secs it will reload the map. And it wont switch maps when time limit is over. But i can vote for a map and go there.

And if u want u can test the server it is everyone can play here

#7 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:11 AM

eerrrm, I'm a little stumped.    :roll:

I joined up.  It's a dedicated on a home LAN.  I was alone in there and I called a cyclemap vote, and it cycled, but rolled us into abbey from prague, which isn't even in the mapcycle.  :?

Then he joined up and tried an rcon command and it cycled us into abbey, then he gave me rcon and I tried it both from the UI and the console, same with callvoting, and it stuck us back into abbey.  All I can figure is some poochy action in a cfg somewhere.  I would probably overwrite the server.cfg and mapcycle with fresh copies and try those things, if it worked then carefully edit again, and if that didn't fix it, I may even wipe, rinse repeat before putting a lot of anal troubleshooting time into the deal.

Any other takers on this one?  :?

#8 User is offline   Csan (old) Icon

• LocationBudapest

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:22 AM

alrite, so what "g_mapcycle" set to (check it in the console or via rcon).
Is that pointing to the proper file? Try creating a new one with a new name and change that variable (and restart server afterwards). Maybe your mapcycle file is not in the sight of the server?
Thus, what's your urt search path? (See "path" in console). Is your mapcycle in any of those dirs (mine is)?

ADDitionally:
What's "nextmap" set to? (should be "map_restart 0"). How about "g_NextMap"?

#9 User is offline   Fnortner (old) Icon

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

When I set up my first ut server couple months ago, the map stayed the same, only changed when some clients other than me entered the game. What's your ip? I'll join and see if the maps cycle.

#10 User is offline   crazyman1175 (old) Icon

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:28 PM

Will i still havent fixed it but i will try what u all said. But today and maybe tomorrow i will make a 24 hour server on 1 map lol. I saw other people do it so i will make a tread for that. But if u have more ideas keep righting them. The thread on server will be called "24h server map vote" ok see u there.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942