Urban Terror Forums: Ballz Deep ioUrT Ladders in Pre-Registration! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ballz Deep ioUrT Ladders in Pre-Registration! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:52 AM

Ok, I finally got tired of waiting for someone else to find or create a ladder system to get some competitions going for the new players in Urban Terror. It's not much right now, but you can register your team and select which ladders you would be interested in competing in.

Pre-Registration
These ladders are in pre-registration. If you would like to compete in the upcoming ladders, please register your team asap. The site isn't totaly complete. Currently we are only able to register teams. Soon all the needed features will be available to edit you teams information and challenge other teams in your ladders. The ladders should be at least operational within 1 week (by Dec. 9th). There is space available to list your team leader, captain and as many players as you like. You don't have to list all members at registration, as they should be able to join the team later. Those are features that still need to be added. Please list at least six members if you have more.

Ladder Rules
The rules we will be using will be the previous rules from the twl ladders, copied before they removed them. Some of the rules still need to be updated. Since there isn't any current anticheat program, these ladders won't use any. Cheaters will have to be found by disputes and demos. To help reduce people from playing as someone they aren't, members will have to login and verify themselves before each match, by responding to an activation key sent via email. Then their ips will be logged and compared to those registered in the server.

Multiple Teams (Temporary?)
If you have enough members on your roster to fill more than one team, you can create more than one team. Add the same members to each team to ensure you always have enough to play. Be sure to create each team with it's own name. For every 8 members on your team, you are allowed to have one team. If you have 16 members on your current roster, you can register 2 teams, 24 members you can register 3 teams and so on. You will need to select a different founder and captain for each team. The founder or captain of one team can't be the founder or captain of another team.

Allowed Teams
Currently these ladders are primarily for teams in the United States and Canada, but may consider expanding to include euro ladders, if enough are interested.

Contact Info
If you need more information or would like to talk to someone about the ladders. Please join our irc channel #bd on enterthegame.com

http://clan.ballzdee...hp?name=Ladders

#2 User is offline   X8 (old) Icon

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:03 PM

i'll talk to [T] and see if they're interested
have you posted this in general?
also warrants a news post

#3 User is offline   hype|Flash! (old) Icon

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:17 AM

well i will put together something and join as well hopefully we get more teams in it fast

#4 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:48 AM

I was just informed that there was a problem registering teams for our ladders. If you had already registered your team and it didn't show up in the list, please enter it again. The problem has been resolved, and it should accept your registration now.

#5 User is offline   Earl Icon

• Account: earl

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

Headshot, did you guys abandon this?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:06 AM

Not many people signed up, so I haven't taken it any further yet. It looks like there are more new clans forming now, and hopefully more people will be ready to compete soon. When that happens, I will work more on it.

Currently I am trying to come up with some ways to handicap teams, and tweak game settings to even the odds for newer players over veterans. Since some maps are easier to cap on than others, it's not as simple as using points as in bowling or other sports.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942