Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Logitech bug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Chris Icon

• Account: chris
  • Main tag: [US]

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:25 AM

Okay i got a mx300 mouse and latest drivers and sometimes when i play q3 and mods, my sensitivity is 2 3 times higher and my mouse accel is x10 (like in my windows settings in fact).

Its q3 and not UrT related thats for sure :> but so you have ant ideas to get rid of this bug (i dont want to remove my mouseware drivers).

grr q3 is the only game where i got this bug

#2 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:52 AM

I've got a mx700 and have similar problems. Somtimes my scroll button stops working (I have it set to double-click in windows) and I lose the zoom that's bound to it. Usually happens when something tries to take focus from q3. Closing quake and restarting always fixes the problem, but that's the only think I know of. The driver is designed to detect a game and use settings different from the windows one but that gets messed up on occassion. This program lets you control how the driver works for games.

http://www.logitech....softwareid=6819

#3 User is offline   THIRTEEN (old) Icon

• LocationMelbourne - Australia

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:57 AM

Very interesting…

I have a MX300 and have similar problems.

I also have problems when just in XP, its fine most of the time but once every day or two the tracking screws up and is all jumpy and sometimes hardly works for a bit.
And most of the time when just left still without touching it, it vibrates on the screen enough to stop a screen saver or WMP from going full screen when watching a movie.

I also have the latest drivers

I think I’ll take it back and swap it for another MX300 just to make sure the mouse isn’t faulty.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

#4 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:10 AM

Sounds like the optical sensor in your mouse is having a bit of trouble with the surface you are using. The help files have some suggestions for what to and not to use. Often time a white piece of paper will solve those problems.

#5 User is offline   Chris Icon

• Account: chris
  • Main tag: [US]

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:29 PM

good to know im not alone :)

thx for your help

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:54 PM

Always happy to pass along my experiences.

#7 User is offline   THIRTEEN (old) Icon

• LocationMelbourne - Australia

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:15 PM

Yeah I read all that about the surface issues. My desk is just a typical white laminated computer desk. Its not what I’d call very shiny a bit glossy maybe. When I look closely at it does have this random textured look probably due to the laminating/varnishing process. I suppose that could upset it as they said it may not like some grains of wood. However my crummy old MS optical mouse (one of the first ones out like 2 yrs ago now) worked fine on this same desk. I sometimes saw it vibrate a little but never like this one and the issues its having =S. I can still see the MX300 can track at much faster speeds then my old MS mouse, so it should be a good mouse if I get it working well. It doesn’t have the tracking prob all the time which is strange, half the time it works fine (but still vibrates) then other times its like crap. Sometimes if I lift it off the desk for a few secs and put it back its better for a while. :?

Grrrrrrr :cry: , atm I have it on a plan white (with fine ruled lines) writing pad and its still vibrating a fare bit.

I think I’ll take it back and swap it to hopefully fix the prob or rule out the mouse being faulty :wink:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942