Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

converting demo to avi Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Xavier (old) Icon

• LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:36 PM

What is the best program to convert a demo to an AVI?

#2 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:40 PM

Theres no program that just 'converts' them. You need to playback the demo in Urt and capture it.

I suggest you google on it some more. Theres pretty much to find about it.

#3 User is offline   Xavier (old) Icon

• LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:35 AM

I got this one called AVIedit and it took like 1000 screenshots (5 gb of my hd) and then it opened them all and i save as avi and u can watch it but it was like 150 mb for like 30 secs or less

#4 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:03 AM

You must make a demo first, as explained in the FAQ, then record the demo using cl_avidemo 30 (or whatever you want) then convert it, I use pjBmp2Avi.exe

#5 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:06 AM

I got this one called AVIedit and it took like 1000 screenshots (5 gb of my hd) and then it opened them all and i save as avi and u can watch it but it was like 150 mb for like 30 secs or less

Maybe compress it using a codec? =]

#6 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:30 PM

well there are actually programs that will capture what ever is playing on the screen . then there ones that you will have to capture induvidual screenshots like you did already . if you use the screenshot method you don't need that many screenshots for a short avi .the thing that could make the file size large are things like the size or quality of ever screenshot .bring down the screen res to 800x600 to record the demo .using a program like virtualdub to compress it wouldn't be a bad idea either.look for a program named game-cam on planetquake site it is a program that will record what is on the screen while playing .the one thing i have heard though is it can be buggie with quake but they are working on the fix

#7 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:38 PM

I use snagit to do that =]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942