Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Activating console on Powerbook Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_[mrx]Jacco@MacOSX

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:16 PM

Hi all! This is my first message in UrbanTerror Forum! I don't manage to activate console on my Powerbook, because I haven't F13 on my keyboard, and if I press alt+5, which should be "˜", nothing happens. What can I do??
P.S. Sorry for my English which could not be always good... :oops:

#2 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:10 AM

what key board layout are you useing ? you should set to the US layout

the ~ Key is the key to the Left of the Number 1 key

notice it is ~ not ˜

#3 Guest_[mrx]Jacco@MacOSX

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:35 PM

I'm using the Italian Pro layout, so, this is my keyboard layout:
Posted Image
As you can see, on the left of the Number 1 key, I've got the "" or "|" key. To have "~", I have to press alt+5, but nothing happens on UT3. Moreover, the US layout has got the "§" or "±" key on the left of the Number 1 key. So, what can I do??

#4 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:50 PM

Switch to the US keyboard layout before launching Q3A/UrT - or if you forget cmd-tab to Finder and change, then cmd-tab back. Then you should be able to use your ` key next to left shift to bring down the console.

Open System Preferences > International and there enable 'U.S. Keyboard' and 'Show input menu in menu bar' it's a instant operation. Here is how it looks for me being a swede.

Posted Image

edit: if this doesn't work you can edit the q3config.cfg and bind a key of your choice to display the console

bind <key> "toggleconsole"

cheers

#5 Guest_[mrx]Jacco@MacOSX

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:09 PM

Omg, it works!!!!!! :D :D Thank you Codey, you're great!!!! Finally, I can use console in Q3 and UT3. :D :D
Cheers, and thanks again!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942