Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scripting? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_exorcism

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:31 AM

Someone mentioned using punkbuster to make scripts to do things on a regular basis or something. I run a server where players on blue go against bots on red and I would like something that has so many bots for so many players and makes sure there's always the right ammount of bots on. So like 3 bots for every one player maybe upto 16 bots.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:50 AM

Ah, just a question? Bots? Why?

#3 Guest_exorcism

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:03 AM

[quote name='"Oswald"]Ah' date=' just a question? Bots? Why?[/quote']

"Coop", it's quite popular actually :)

#4 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:26 AM

okay I can understand that, but you do know how below average the bots AI is, right?

#5 Guest_exorcism

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:05 PM

[quote name='"Oswald"]okay I can understand that' date=' but you do know how below average the bots AI is, right?[/quote']

Yes, but it's still quite fun. And, it's better than playing against other people, the bots don't taunt you for winning or losing. It's not fun to play vs. other players anymore because of that.

Speaking of bots, my bots keep disappearing, I run the server with 16 bots and I get on occasionally and some of them aren't there. I just got on this morning and they're all gone! I'm wondering if this is an exploit or something that someone's kicking them (I disabled voting) or a bug causing the bots to drop?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:11 PM

[quote name='"exorcism"][quote="Oswald"]okay I can understand that' date=' but you do know how below average the bots AI is, right?[/quote']

Yes, but it's still quite fun. And, it's better than playing against other people, the bots don't taunt you for winning or losing. It's not fun to play vs. other players anymore because of that.[quote]

Okay, if you say so. I dont see much enjoyment playing with bots whose AI is not complete. Online gamers, minus the asshats with stupid comments are enjoyable to play with. Just find the right server(s).

#7 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:12 PM

bot_minplayers is probably doing that to you. Shut it off and add the bots manually and you won't have the problem.

#8 Guest_exorcism

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:49 PM

bot_minplayers is probably doing that to you. Shut it off and add the bots manually and you won't have the problem.

No, i have it set to 0.
I found one problem, g_inactivity was kicking them, especially on long periods when people wern't on or they got stuck. I hope that was the only problem but when they're dropped because of inactivity it says so, however it still shows them dropping with no reason or message.

still looking for some help on scripting a way to have so many bots on relative to how many players are on... and a way to keep players on blue only.

#9 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, that will do it too.

#10 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:42 AM

Flame em for camping! That ought to get them moving ;) :mrgreen:

While on botstopic, whatever happened to that company who looked into the bots AI? SID? :?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942