Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Low sensititivity mouse problems Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oIIIIIIIo (old) Icon

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:14 AM

I use .60 for my mouse sensitivity and it seems as if it doesn't register with the mouse code in game.

I've done in_mouse 1 and in_restart and it didn't fix it.  However, if I change my sensitivity to 2the mouse works fine.  But it's way too fast.

My mouse settings are:

//{{{ mouse sensitivity
seta sensitivity ".60"
seta cl_mouseAccel "0"
seta in_dgamouse "1"
seta in_mouse "1"
seta m_filter "0"
seta m_pitch "0.022"
seta m_yaw "0.022"
//}}}

The mouse is a Razer Copperhead with the evdev driver.

#2 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

You mean it doesn't move at all when sensitivity is set at .60 ?

#3 User is offline   oIIIIIIIo (old) Icon

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

It will only let me move about 1-2inches each way and then stop.  It worked fine in 4.0.  I've tried a brand new config and then just set sensitivity down and it still happens.

Just did some testing with String.  Everything works fine if r_fullscreen 1 is set. but it doesn't work with r_fullscreen 0 which is what I use because I have dual monitors.  So I'm not really sure why that matters or what has changed between 4.0 and 4.1.  Also thought I would add that brightness/gamma don't take effect in windowed mode either in 4.1.

#4 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

Probably your mouse just goes out of the window and you can fix gamma with xgamma as the X gamma takes the upperhand. You using the executable provided with 4.1 then I take it. Considering this r_ stuff has very little to do with whatever mod runs on the engine...

#5 User is offline   oIIIIIIIo (old) Icon

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

Probably your mouse just goes out of the window and you can fix gamma with xgamma as the X gamma takes the upperhand. You using the executable provided with 4.1 then I take it. Considering this r_ stuff has very little to do with whatever mod runs on the engine...

The mouse going out of the window makes sense but what was changed to cause a difference in how the mouse location and brightness are handled?

The only thing I can think of is the placement of the games.  Before I had q3ut4 folder inside of /data/games/quake3 and in 4.1 I just unpacked the zip into /data/games/UrbanTerror.  Would that cause the difference?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:47 AM

Well you are using a different executable then. Just copy your old one into the new dir and everything will be back to normal. (the ioUrbanterror.i386 file)

#7 User is offline   oIIIIIIIo (old) Icon

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:54 AM

The executable didn't fix it either.

For some reason, xinerama doesn't work the same with 4.0 and 4.1.  During my attempts to fix this issue, I compiled PekWM to use instead of e17.  I initially compiled pek with xinerama support.  Then I noticed that I could turn left as much as I wanted once I turned sloppy focus off.  So I compiled pek without xinerama support and now it seems to work. 

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942