• This topic is locked

CPU usage? :? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Door #3 (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:17 PM

Motion sickness?

Dude!! Play scrabble.

#12 User is offline   missingxtension (old) Icon

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

the motion sickness if not because of the game, it is because of the fluctuating frame rates. The old exe worked wonders and now i run the game like nothing, no more photo slides

#13 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:57 PM

He's not the only one getting this, I am to, using iourt (the 4.1.exe)

though Im holding off posting anything conclusive as atm my grfx cards are very new and the drivers are not that stable atm.

As soon as ATI releases a more stable driver set (8.1's in Jan hopefully), I will test this further.

though to give some indication, I have 2x ATI HD3870's crossfired, one card alone I can get a score of 10,500 3dmark06 points, (though in crossfire im gettign only about 12,000 which proves the drivers are not up to much atm, ATI havent even optimised them for 3Dmark06 yet. I 'should' be about the 16,000-18,000 area, given I have but a mere AM2 6000+ CPU) but I'm hitting 46 FPS on suburbs, even casa can drop to below 100

the thing is on say mandolin, I have 125 fps, but the clouds are moving at like 2-3fps, and i get the effect of urt running like a flicker book (you know draw a little man on the corner of a notepad and flick the pages to make it animated), but I still have 125 fps showing, but I clearly do not have the experiance of that.

b4 the fps flames start, I know, I know, I know fps above 60 is yadda yadda, thats not the point, the point is a pc that can easily top 200 fps in FEAR at 1600x1200 maxed 16xfsaa and 16xansio, 'should' get better than 40odd fps from the Q3 engined game.

BUT, the drivers arn't anywhere near right atm, oh and disabling crossfire makes thing even worse , halving my fps further still!, oh and Q3.exe (even vanilla Q3.exe) runs at 100% CPU usage on BOTH cores?!?!?!, Q3 is single threaded...it CANT run both cores at 100%, so Im assuming that my CPU is currently doing work the grfx cards should be doing.. i dont know for sure, but if this is the same after the next driver release Ill let you know Woe (not the q3.exe running 100% bit the iourt drops :P), iourt is running 50% across both cores, which is right. But I do get really bad fps drops, which are map dependant it seems, so there 'could' also be a problem with the current compile of the 4.1 iouet.exe

(oh and other opengl games seem fine, D3m Q4 and Prey all run fine, and crossfire seems to be working with them)

Edit: this is on a clean install of Vista64

#14 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

The only issues I seem to have is a hitch when a new person joins the game. It seems to pause for a split second, not always but randomly.

Homie have you tried changing seta r_smp "0" in your config to seta r_smp "1"?

Specs:

P4 2.8Ghz HT enabled
1.5GB DDR 400 dual channel
Nvidia 7600GS 512MB AGP 8x

#15 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

Maybe you can try the old ioUrbanTerror compile if you want.

You could also try with/without setting affinity and try messing with ati settings (tripple buffering comes to mind).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

yeah tried all that, and I never run triple buffering..... atm I think its more likely a driver issue

r_smp 1 really screws things...like crashes q3.exe completely, it always has for me for some reason, and makes no diff in Io

i have had to change a setting for FSX, as that was running like arse, so changed the adaptive anti-alising from super to multi-sampling and I'm now up to a whopping 70fps touching 125 at times on suburbs, and mandos sky is moving correctly...WOOOT!! :P (adaptive aa deals with anti-alising on transparent textures, like railings, glass, trees, etc (the above is in IoUrt, Q3 whilst far more jerky and still at 100% both CPU usage, gives the same 70-125, this is offline btw just running about an empty map)

Ill update in the middle of Jan, hopefully the drivers will be released then, its normally around the 20th of the month ATI do a driver update, the 8.1 drivers are the one that are supposed to be the ones that will enable CrossfireX (up to 4 ATI cards in crossfire!), so I hoping these will also sort my probs

rig specs btw (just to pimp it :evil:)
MSI K9A2 Platnum mobo
AMD AM2 6000+ (3Ghz oced to 3.1 (not the worlds best ocing cpu: 15x200Mhz - 12.5x248Mhz :P))
2x HIS ATI HD3870 (oced to 840Mhz Core, 1291Mhz Ram)
4x1Gb Critial Ballistix 800Mhz (@ 886Mhz, 4-4-4-12 according to CPU-Z)
2x 500Gb hitachi deskstar Sata300 (1TB RAID Array)
Creative X-FI platnum (Dont ever buy creative sound cards, I swore I wouldnt again years ago, and suckered myself again, I got this as I need extra in/outputs, Auzentech FTW from now on it seems)
case, psu, DVD etc :P
Vista64 ultimate (legal)

Just about good enough to run Urban Terror 4.1 @ 70fps :P (just pulling ur leg devs :))

#17 User is offline   missingxtension (old) Icon

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:32 AM

The only issues I seem to have is a hitch when a new person joins the game. It seems to pause for a split second, not always but randomly.

Homie have you tried changing seta r_smp "0" in your config to seta r_smp "1"?

Specs:

P4 2.8Ghz HT enabled
1.5GB DDR 400 dual channel
Nvidia 7600GS 512MB AGP 8x

well the problem with the built in smp support is that it wont actually render anything beyong playing the frozen sand intro. The smp option can only be changed from the actual config file, since it is read only when the game loads. In other words if you dont have an old dual p2/3, its not officially supported.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942