Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ctf map design Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:39 AM

i know its prolly too late for map suggestions but i guess ill lend my opinion anyway

mandolin
adding a new base behind the original blue base is pretty ridiculous to say the least
there was gameplay problems with the map before but this was definitely not the way to fix it
personally i think the whole enclosed flag base with one feasible exit route is not a good design decision in the first place, if both flag areas were revamped into a more simple and open area the gameplay would be much butter

all the new maps
it seems all of them are cluttered with too many areas and routes, theres no big secret why maps like casa and turnpike are so popular: at the end of the day simple maps are what people rather play instead of running around in some maze where theres half a dozen camp spots on every turn

#2 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:13 AM

Well many maps seems to be designed mainly for CTF. Lot of routes allows player to sneak into the opponent's flag area and be able to try to sneak back to cap; but for TS those maps can quickly become a endless man hunt.

#3 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

Well many maps seems to be designed mainly for CTF. Lot of routes allows player to sneak into the opponent's flag area and be able to try to sneak back to cap; but for TS those maps can quickly become a endless man hunt.

also an endless flag carrier hunt xpecially on hot potato. (eagle a/k/a how to kill ctf)
some maps are fun to play just for fun....but nothing more.
you can do bigger maps if the game speed is higher,
that's why as said tp, algiers, abbey are popular.
the perfect fit size/game speed

#4 User is offline   Nationalist Icon

• Account: nationalist

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

I'm sure mappers make changes to maps just so they can be considered 'updated' for a new release of urt. I can't think of any other reason to take a perfectly good map like Uptown and ruin it.

If there is going to be a 4.2, hopefully Uptown will revert back to what it was when skills were required to master the jumps and move around in a speedy and efficient manner. There is no need to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

#5 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

Your post makes no sense.

Posted Image

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

I'm sure mappers make changes to maps just so they can be considered 'updated' for a new release of urt. I can't think of any other reason to take a perfectly good map like Uptown and ruin it.

If there is going to be a 4.2, hopefully Uptown will revert back to what it was when skills were required to master the jumps and move around in a speedy and efficient manner. There is no need to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Yes, skills are no longer required to master jumps and move around in a speedy and efficient manner. Now all you have to do is press a button and it does it for you.

As Woekele said, your post makes no sense.

#7 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

To get uptown back to when it took some skill, you'd have to go back to 3.7 or earlier...

#8 User is offline   Sinni Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sinni

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:28 AM

So, it takes skill sitting on the elevator balcony and spawn camping both Blue spawn exits!?  And as far as skills go i'm a complete n00b but i can still master the "l337 jumps" that takes soo much skill.  So they added a wall to prevent spawn campers, boo friggin hoo! Live with it!

Also, you speak like you're a mapper, let's see your work!  I know you're not a mapper cause if you were you would know that if people complained about something in your map you'd change it.  Hell, i've done it many times.  Sometimes for the good, other times people hated the changes, but that's the risk a mapper will take.

#9 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:30 AM

There is no need to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

That statement goes well with your name .. and Sinni is right ^

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

mandolin

I get the idea null has a complicated way of thinking compared to simply rush-y ctf. I saw it once and didn't understand it either but I suspect it came out of thinking of the map. Knowing it.

Your second comment that you find most maps being complicated in routing, points to the same direction of thinking.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942