•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

Omg, somebody is bitter.

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Zero (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

Well, to be fair, I did bring this up in QA soon after the release of 4.0.

#13 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

How many suggestions/comments have we gotten from the community about this 'issue' untill now though?

Answer: <your_username_here>.

#14 User is offline   Zero (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

And how many comments does it take before it gets through?

Especially since this issue was brought up in QA, an institute where I thought FS actually gave a damn.

Some dudes can piss their pants about a ~ and get their response in days, but simple gameplay errors like this take forever.

#15 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

Especially since this issue was brought up in QA, an institute where I thought FS actually gave a damn.

Some dudes can piss their pants about a ~ and get their response in days, but simple gameplay errors like this take forever.

Honey attracts flies. Vinegar drives them away.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

There's no set number before something gets through, we're not a machine that does whatever it gets told X times. We look at issues and try to decide as good as possible what to fix and how (taking time/effort/gain/costs/etc. into consideration). The fact that nobody else has commented on this does mean it's not a big deal though imo, not a reason at all to get bitter panties up in the bunch for...

So not granting your personal wish (be it either by overlooking/forgetting/specifically deciding/not-having-time-to-do-so, or whatever is the case for this) equals not giving a damn... allrighty...

Yeah, I told SG that I'd ask the coder and I did, and what came out of it is our response that the ~ will be restored in 4.2, because we decided there isn't a big problem with having ~ in the name. It has nothing to do with them stomping their feet. If anything, that worked to the contrary.

I told you basically the same thing. I told you that I'll ask around. And you'll probably get a response within a few days as well. I don't see the problem.

#17 User is offline   Zero (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

Honey attracts flies. Vinegar drives them away.

This thread was just fine until woekele started acting... ugh.

Omg, somebody is bitter.

Posted Image

Whatever you think of brolly's response, that kind of crap, especially coming from a member of the dev team, is absolutely childish.

How many suggestions/comments have we gotten from the community about this 'issue' untill now though?

Answer: <your_username_here>.

Where did this response come from, and why? You're basically indicating you have no interest whatsoever on the "issue" and are brushing me off.

There's no set number before something gets through, we're not a machine that does whatever it gets told X times. We look at issues and try to decide as good as possible what to fix and how (taking time/effort/gain/costs/etc. into consideration). The fact that nobody else has commented on this does mean it's not a big deal though imo, not a reason at all to get bitter panties up in the bunch for...

I've been sitting here patiently, waiting for a response. You told me you'd ask TwentySeven, and I believe you.

So not granting your personal wish (be it either by overlooking/forgetting/specifically deciding/not-having-time-to-do-so, or whatever is the case for this) equals not giving a damn... allrighty...

Your post before this one inferred how little FS considers comments about the game in general. I'm a little concerned, because I brought this up in QA months ago, right after 4.0 was released. I thought that perhaps by now, it might have been looked at, but, as I said, your post before this one indicated FS doesn't give a crap, even if it came from QA. That's why I commented.

Yeah, I told SG that I'd ask the coder and I did, and what came out of it is our response that the ~ will be restored in 4.2, because we decided there isn't a big problem with having ~ in the name. It has nothing to do with them stomping their feet. If anything, that worked to the contrary.

I told you basically the same thing. I told you that I'll ask around. And you'll probably get a response within a few days as well. I don't see the problem.

And I await your reponse. But it's a bitch looking at a clan get their damn symbol back just like that, whereas a problem that as existed within the game for a prolonged period of time gets brushed off like it's nothing.

#18 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

I'm beginning to wonder how I ever passed math? Does ONE person equal the whole QA team?

:roll:

#19 User is offline   Zero (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:03 PM

Where or when did I say that?

Please, this isn't about who we think we acting like a douche bag. This thread began with a pure purpose.

#20 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

This thread was just fine until woekele started acting... ugh.

Uhm, I just answered that I'd ask around about it, but *somebody else* started to whine not long after about QA... That's what caused the de-railing...

Whatever you think of brolly's response, that kind of crap, especially coming from a member of the dev team, is absolutely childish.

He was whining about QA, and I think he does it cause he's bitter about it. Not only in this thread, but in other posts from him as well. I don't see why pointing that out is childish. And why the hell are dev team members expected to be saints here?! We're people too, lol. Everybody is allowed to attack us as much as they want and we should always be polite and be humble and kiss your feet, screw that.

Where did this response come from, and why? You're basically indicating you have no interest whatsoever on the "issue" and are brushing me off.

You said: "Well, to be fair, I did bring this up in QA soon after the release of 4.0.", implying (at least how I understood it) it should have been taken care of and that it's very important. So I posted this to put it into perspective, not to brush you off.

I've been sitting here patiently, waiting for a response. You told me you'd ask TwentySeven, and I believe you.

Yes, I'm asking around.

Your post before this one inferred how little FS considers comments about the game in general. I'm a little concerned, because I brought this up in QA months ago, right after 4.0 was released. I thought that perhaps by now, it might have been looked at, but, as I said, your post before this one indicated FS doesn't give a crap, even if it came from QA. That's why I commented.

Stop putting words in my mouths. You are either trolling or you misunderstood. I didn't say we don't consider comments. I said we don't decide which ones to use or not purely based on a fixed number of comments (which is what you were asking). Of course we read the comments, otherwise we don't even know what the issues are. A lot of the time we act upon these issues too. Sometimes for whatever reason however, we do not (I do not know what happened in this specific case, which is why I'm asking around). Saying that we don't give a crap is 1000x out of line and total bs. How you even dare writing something like that is beyond me.

And I await your reponse. But it's a bitch looking at a clan get their damn symbol back just like that, whereas a problem that as existed within the game for a prolonged period of time gets brushed off like it's nothing.

The clan doesn't have their symbol back. There's no 4.1a or 4.2 yet. They got exactly the same treatment as you. I'd ask around and I'll let you know. And again: your problem is not brushed off, why would I even go and ask around if it's brushed off to nothing? I just put it into perspective. The perspective of it not being very critical to the game. This does not mean it won't get looked at though. Not being critical and being ignored is 2 seperate things.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942