• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions for 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

#171 Guest_}_50Ɔ{_|ñeا

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

[--]IMO, if the team wants to move to a new engine, im fine with that as long as the old version is kept available.

[--]Fix the clipping please.

[--]The option of using one button for both zoom and weapon mode.  Not many people use weapon modes, but still..  For weapons with scopes (ex sniper rifles), we could maybe choose between using the right mb to switch from unzoomed => zoom levels => unzoomed back again.  I dont know if this was clear..

Or maybe once the scope has been activated, we can use the mouse wheel for zooming and pressing the rmb again we return to unzoomed.

It just is really awkward if we have to keep on switching keys.

In my other thread, I remember someone mentioning a config?  Could whoever it was send it to me?

[--]Allow alt codes in names

#172 User is offline   pmt3ddy (old) Icon

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

[--]IMO, if the team wants to move to a new engine, im fine with that as long as the old version is kept available.

LOL!
That will never happen. And when I say never, I mean, not in this life time.
The reason is, they based the mod on Quake 3, so all the codes and scripts they have would have to be completely be rewritten if they'd base it on the source engine (CS, Half life 2 etc etc) for example. It's probably easier to start from scratch then to rewrite things to match it for a new engine.

#173 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

Yes, though it has to be said such a workload would be reduced if it's on an id-software engine but even on e.g. Enemy Territory which isn't far off it appears it wouldn't be straightforward.

#174 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

What do you know that we dont? IF and that is a big IF at this point we moved the game to a new and updated engine there would be a very good chance we would create our own thanks in part to the knowledge 27 has. Of course this won't be a free project, so for now Urban Terror as you have it is what you will be playing. As long as we would keep the game characteristics as they are, it would be a hit.

LOL!
That will never happen. And when I say never, I mean, not in this life time.
The reason is, they based the mod on Quake 3, so all the codes and scripts they have would have to be completely be rewritten if they'd base it on the source engine (CS, Half life 2 etc etc) for example. It's probably easier to start from scratch then to rewrite things to match it for a new engine.

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942