Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

changing the HUD Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   missingxtension (old) Icon

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:40 AM

does any one where in the q3config is where u change the text display so it can display et style.
I hate how it covers up the map at the top. So if i could move it maybe to the top or the life metter,

edit: and the vote dialog too

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:27 PM

You can put the minimap on another location if you want, can be done through the menu. What text do you mean by the way? The hit and kill messages or the chats? There's a cvar that makes chats go to the left upper corner too. I don't think there's a cvar that can make the text of the left upper corner go down.

The vote dialog cannot be moved either.

#3 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:26 PM

On the vote text thingie; I notice it was "improved" by stating which key to use to vote.
However, if you change your key bind for voting, F1 (Yes) or F2 (No) doesn't mean anything at all and takes more space into the action.

I suggest either go back to the previous version OR what would be neat is to actually show the real binded keys like:
press O (Yes) or P (No) to vote
This of course if I set my yes vote bind to the O key and the no key to P.

#4 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

That would be the best of course, however I dunno how achievable that is.

F1 and F2 is aimed at newbies, to make it easier for them to know how to vote. Experienced users know it anyway.

#5 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

Why can't it just go away after you vote?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

What dOnDoN said is actually nice, leaving the vote general status to know if it's going to pass or fail is good but no need to stick that ultra long sentence on how to vote.

I dunno if it's a good thing but voting option is always available until vote timer hit 0
But when it's a, let's say 5vs5 game, if 6 votes goes for yes it could also already stop. There's no real point in waiting the timer to hit 0 or the the last 4 votes (even if they all go for no it will pass anyway).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942