Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Watching Videos Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Toxsyn (old) Icon

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:50 AM

Not sure if i'm posting the right place or not, but anyway.. I'm fairly new to UrT. I just figured out that you can record your game play by pressing F12. Now I am wondering how do I watch the videos that I can recording. I know where they are located, but the file format is DM_68. I've never even heard of such a format, but that format will not work  with any programs that I use, so i'm wondering how do I change the format or any information on how to watch these videos. I would much rather know how to change the format though.

#2 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:17 AM

The file gets stored under you q3ut4 directory in a folder called demos.  You can play them back using the game software by clicking 'demos' in the main game menu and then finding the file in question, selecting it and clicking the play button. 

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

Not sure if i'm posting the right place or not, but anyway.. I'm fairly new to UrT. I just figured out that you can record your game play by pressing F12. Now I am wondering how do I watch the videos that I can recording.

They aren't videos, they are demos. It's different because videos are large files that can play on regular video programs, demos are very small files made for convenience that are written by the game easily to not take lots of cpu and space and are just a re-play of the information the game had at the time. For example, instead of recording a video of a gun shooting, it just records what the keystroke of firing does and the game re-does the shooting.

#4 User is offline   M@n!c (old) Icon

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

Hi fate. How are ya? WOW that's how demos work? I did not know that. :lol:

Thnx for explaining.

#5 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

For example, instead of recording a video of a gun shooting, it just records what the keystroke of firing does and the game re-does the shooting.

More like recording all in game events and network data rather than specific keystrokes events.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:58 AM

yeah, i was talking practically, not making a lecture in a computer science class.

#7 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

And if you want to 'convert' a demo to a movie (avi for example), you can use the info in the sticky in this forum subsection. It comes down to playing back the demo and then letting ioUrbanTerror record a .avi of it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942