Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

4.1 Ping Problems Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   N8DoGG (old) Icon

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

Ever since 4.1 has com out my ping has ogne throguh the roof. In all seeing eye there is only like 3 servers under 100 ping for me. b4 there was tons. I'm also getting lag when I join servers now. Is this a valid 4.1 one issue and if so how od i fix.

#2 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:53 AM

If they ping bad in ASE, it's not UrT. Also, ASE simply pings the server running UrT, so those pings are not affected by UrT.

#3 User is offline   flinkaflenkaflrsk (old) Icon

• LocationNL

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

have you ran some basic checks on your isp connection? or are you sharing your connection with someone?
Since both ASE and URT are pinging high it is more of an indication that your network latency has gone up then a problem of urt.

#4 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:57 AM

Also there are (or at least were) different ASE pingers/scanners server. If you have the default pinger server set to a bad one your ping result can get fucked.
It never is a dirrect ping from the UrT server to you but a ping value from UrT server to the pinger server to your location.

As last note; I recall someone saying Yahoo would stop support for ASE soon; I never checked that info but I suppose it wasn't reported in here for misinformation; so you might think of switching to another server scanner client utility soon.

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

Ever since 4.1 has com out my ping has ogne throguh the roof. In all seeing eye there is only like 3 servers under 100 ping for me. b4 there was tons. I'm also getting lag when I join servers now. Is this a valid 4.1 one issue and if so how od i fix.

most probably it's not related to 4.1 and you were just unlucky getting a networking problem now.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942