Urban Terror Forums: splash damage interview on homelanfed - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

splash damage interview on homelanfed Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Insane_Penquin (old) Icon

• Locationwaco, tx

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:34 AM

http://www.homelanfe...ex.php?id=23509

i thought it was pretty intresting, they have a couple of questions related urt.

The most amazing news we’ve heard is that Urban Terror runs twice as fast on the RTCW/Enemy Territory code base than it does on the original QUAKE III code base. This says a lot about how much the QUAKE III engine has evolved since its release back in 1999.

*appetited whetted*

#2 Guest_Psyche911

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

Erm, as much as I'd love to believe that, I don't think it's entirely accurate. Sure, the exact same textures and models might run a lot faster. But there will be much more detailed models with better animation, and larger textures, both of which will drop that improvement down some. So maybe it'll look twice as good and play at the same framerate or something like that.

But I'm still craving it bad. I'm lookin' forward to ET:UT as much as any other game this year though (HL2, Doom 3, etc.) :D

#3 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:39 AM

Already a thread in the correct forum about this - http://www.forums.ur...opic.php?t=1532

Thread closed. Thank you, drive thru...

-Forum Nazi

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942