Urban Terror Forums: Strange behaviors... some entities not seen with -meta compile: resolved - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange behaviors... some entities not seen with -meta compile: resolved Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sleepingguy (old) Icon

• LocationQuebec

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

hi mappers,

I have strange troubles with my map. when i compile quick for dev/test purpose (with the "-meta" parameter), some parts of the map behave bad. Some func_rotating / func_breakable brushes are not visibles, some sounds can t be heard, but the 1st i put at the beginning of the map are fine ! In fact func_breakable which don t show are still blocking my way so i know they are here. Same thing for func_rotating stuff.

When this happen when firing a nade i do not see it neither the explosion but the explosion make its effect on breakable stuffs.

If i make a final compilation (vis light etc...) they are coming back.
Do i have reached a upper limit somewhere in my map (island). I know it is a bit big.... This does not appear in a new fresh test map only on my map.

I know that final compile give me a good result, but i think this behavior is bad for the futur.

Anyone here has already faced this ?

Any help will be welcome.

#2 User is offline   sleepingguy (old) Icon

• LocationQuebec

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:22 AM

All mappers here if you have a big map you can also face that behavior.

I have finally confirm that this is directly a behavior that is a consequence of the map size and i found a way to make it work. I have 800 entities, but entity 0 have more than 5800 brushes in it. All others 900 entities have 1 t0 20. The compile process produce strange behavior for the lastest entities.  I have a workaround not a full solution but if someone has already faced that, let me known i will share my "solution".

SG

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942