Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Weird packet loss... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kamisama (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 05:05 AM

Glad to see the Forums back, even though I am an occasional 'asshat' about this game I still love it!

Anyhow, ever since 3.0 came out I have been consistantly been unable to play. The game exibits extreme unpredictable lag and consistance packet loss (about 1 in 10 packets as indidcated by the lag-o-meter). This only occurs online and also only with this mod, regular quake seems unaffected. I do not have any spyware or other progs running in background that could explain this. I am offically stumped.

"Please help me...you're my only hope!" <-- required cheazy movie quote. :roll:

#2 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:14 AM

Without knowing anything else, it sounds like you're having antiwarp problems, but that would show up on the lagometer as black lines now. It is also a possibility is that your isp has a firewall that doesn't allow gameplay. It results in you being 999 all the time but being able to see what happens on the server. This happened to me back when I was going to school, living on campus. Not much you can do about that if you can't change your isp. I was out of the game for 6 months because of it.

#3 User is offline   Kamisama (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:18 AM

The black lines are present, I thought they represented packets lost.

If it is the anti-lag how do I disable it, I thought anti-lag was instituted on the server-side only?

I also use a hardware firewall, but that shouldn't be the issue as this only started in 3.0 release, and also I can join, just play is real laggy and jerky.

#4 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:53 PM

You can't disable antiwarp clientside. It is a serverside cvar. Guess you have to find a server with antiwarp turned off. :/

#5 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:56 PM

So basically, if you find a server without g_antiwarp on, then you will be warping like a mofo. You might see if you can try and reduce the amount you warp by tweaking your settings some, but I'm not an expert on warping.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942