• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

STA Complaints Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

This is a copy of the post I put on the STA forums this morning:

"Last night after the match 4 members from clans that have used our competition server decided to come in and cause problems for us. They aliased themselves as our members and made an argument. They made accusations and resigned our members. Of course all of these players have been in our servers at one point or another so we have the ips of them all and I will personally post the names here and everywhere else so that there clans may feel shame in this community.

Competition is for the spirit of fun but the maturity level of these people is embarrassing. Please grow up. DonDon and Black Republican, there was no need for this attack. We have done absolutely nothing to you and only try to help this community.

Maybe one day you can contribute something more than problems to make this game a better place!

Obviously these IPS will be banned from our servers and we will not lift the ban even for competition."

We are now considering pulling from STA because the clans are very immature. I am extremely dissappointed in Team Terror and NGW...I would think that causing problems for other clans is not needed when your skill level is so high? Are they just bored and need to be children to have fun?

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

What happened and they got angry?

#3 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

They just showed up on our server with our member names and started talking trash, then they resigned. One of their members even joined our clan aliased as another player...I can only guess to get our passwords. They can write it off as a joke...but I am sure they wouldn't have done it to any other clan.

#4 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Truly pathetic.

STA is a joke league now anyway, thats all there is to it.  It's blatently obvious that the admins are in the players pockets. "we're working on an anti cheat" Right.  With a nice backdoor for those who are chosen to exploit?  Now we have new admins coming in, people that I have seen years of asshatery coming from, now they are admins.  Truly amazing. 

I used to respect STA but actions as of late, posts on their basically unmoderated forums. Their policies that we had to unban someone who ddos'd our servers and let them play was complete and utter bs. Now black republican trying to say we have to unban him and the othetr asshats who started this shit last night to play in competition. No we aren't playing your childish games here. You will not be unbanned.

As STA shows they don't give a shit about us, we show we do not give a shit back and will not be unbanning any of these morons. We will either take the loss and still play for fun which is what we are there to do. Or we will pull from STA which I am strongly pushing for because we have more than enough tourneys going on that we don't need a shithole like STA anyway.

I refuse to even make an acct to post on STA forums because it is pointless, the admins don't care, the players run wild, there is no point in talking to these idiots.

Worst league I have ever seen. Krom brother, what happened to that place?

#5 User is offline   J0e Icon

• Account: j0e

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

Seeing as |ALPHA| is the only new clan to the community that actually seems to pose a threat to the current dominant clans in the near future, this is just their immature way of showing they're afraid of you.  You guys have to remember that to determine the maturity level of about 90% of the NA community you must use the formula ((AGE/2)-3) - for instance BR is 19, so his maturity level is that of a 6yr old.

I personally would like to see |ALPHA| stay in STA seeing as its a small league already and we havent even gotten a chance to match yet.  Please dont go!!!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

These asinine actions really aren't new from some of the turds in that particular clan. A few of the older clans in the community know what I'm talkin about.
On a personal level, clans should simply refuse to play against people like this, even if it means a forfeit loss. IF I had a server, no way in hell I'd unban some of these people even for matches.

I've seen people complain a lot about not having anti-cheat but I think what hurts a league more is not having any sort of guid-ish system. Good luck on keeping asshats out or any previously banned players out. STA requires a lot of babysitting which in turn takes up a lot of spare time from people.I know admins agree to this when they sign up to help, but I think for the most part, they realize afterwards how much spare time it truely does require.
Some in the past tried to throwdown on the forum crap but it was felt by some others that it comprimised activity of the forums... the the announcements board was introduced and from what I've seen, kept pretty clean.
Personally, I feel that the local board admins should have the ability to ban players but all they have the ability to do is edit posts I think... which there's definitely plenty of that going on already.

#7 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

understood Krom, I've been around long enough to know exactly what you're talking about.  We will handle this the best we can and see where it goes from there.  I always saw sta forums as bs, however when my guys started wanting to compete I was against it, but I allowed it for them to have fun.  I then started reading them again and was amazed at still how much worse it had gotten.  I will reserve any further bashing of STA for the time being. But for the record I am very saddened that the best league of this game went down the toilet so far and has no signs of coming out, only being flushed the rest of the way down.

#8 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

Yeah the admins need to hire a plumber.

#9 User is offline   jimmay76{WC} (old) Icon

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

These asinine actions really aren't new from some of the turds in that particular clan. A few of the older clans in the community know what I'm talkin about.
On a personal level, clans should simply refuse to play against people like this, even if it means a forfeit loss. IF I had a server, no way in hell I'd unban some of these people even for matches.

ITs very true some have been doing it far to long

jim

#10 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:38 AM

There's a name I recognize from the past. Jimmy knows... sigh.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942