• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why do I suck? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Bflo_Soldier (old) Icon

• LocationBuffalo, N Y

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

I've played this game for about 5 years total.  On pub servers I'm generally #1 or #2 everytime and have all my keys bound to do something on my keyboard including prim, sec, sidearm, kevlar drop, flag drop, nades, walk, etc...  My map awareness is stellar, I always wear a cap & can complete UberJumpsBeta3.  My mouses acceleration, pitch & yaw are tweaked, I understand movement penalty & spread on the Silencer, while running, powersliding, walking & crouching.  Shoot in bursts, use the mini-map often & know how many people on the opposing team are dead when grabbing the opponent flag. 

I post all this crap because you the match opponent know something I don't... We've gotten ran in 2 scrims against ls & rbs and got embarresed by FSK last night (who were 1-3 w/ -95 flag caps).  What gives, my clan (with most of the same players) used to compete for titles in the 2.x era.  We leave then comeback last month and can't f'k with your skillz.  It's like we all shoot 2 bullets and you shoot 3 or 4?

In all honesty, I don't understand, we're good shots
You're obviously a better shot, I realize this... but is that all it is?

etg #fn

- Buffalo

#2 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Timing is everything. A team of the best aimers can be dominated by an average team (aim-wise), as long as the teamwork is executed properly.

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

it's all about the meditation.

#4 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

You have gotten old Bflo 2.x was ages ago!  :lol:

But seriously, i played a decent amount of times with you and your fn/mob guys now. So what i noticed is when you (or your clanmates) see me, you(they) still have to acquire aim on me while i'm already pre aimed at where you might or will show up and thus get shots on you faster.
But since i only started UrT with 4.0. I have no idea what's different about the gameplay (beside the obviously added walljumping and powerslides) between 2.x and 4.x. Ow .. and i cannot complete any of the jump maps  :mrgreen:

PS = lots of players running around staring at the ground with their crosshair instead of keeping the crosshair at where opponents might show up at torso or head height. Human response time (~= 200ms) + adjust crosshair (~=700ms) = almost 1 second response time. In that 1 second, your opponent already put something into you...

#5 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

for ctf timing is extremely important, you could look at some demo's from the first division clans in the iourt league (www.iourt.com/leagues and then click on some of the matches, season 1 has some =jF= matches from the referee's perspective) and spot the differences.
Ow and play against clans that are your level to get the confidence high :) that always helps :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

=jF=

That reminds me, Joram's jumping in uptown isn't just thinking of timing.

#7 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

I've played this game for about 5 years total.  On pub servers I'm generally #1 or #2 everytime and have all my keys bound to do something on my keyboard including prim, sec, sidearm, kevlar drop, flag drop, nades, walk, etc...  My map awareness is stellar, I always wear a cap & can complete UberJumpsBeta3.  My mouses acceleration, pitch & yaw are tweaked, I understand movement penalty & spread on the Silencer, while running, powersliding, walking & crouching.  Shoot in bursts, use the mini-map often & know how many people on the opposing team are dead when grabbing the opponent flag. 

It's because you think 95% of that stuff matters. I don't have any of that stuff bound and I don't even know the location names for any map but TP and Casa, and I'll probably destroy you in a match/pub/scrim/1v1. And I still suck compared to the top clans...played last night vs '`|v|~ and I can't remember the last time I spent so much time in respawn.:P

The bottom line is pubs are a horrible indicator of skill. If you were once good, it'll come back. You'll also get way better by playing STA matches and trying to get your team to work together, because teamwork is where the other half of your skill comes from.:)

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

The bottom line is pubs are a horrible indicator of skill.

Not always. A minority of clan servers are consistently populated by skill.

#9 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

And if you end up in the top on servers constantly, then you are at least good enough for medium skilled clans.

#10 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:31 PM

Not always. A minority of clan servers are consistently populated by skill.

I agree, this obviously doesn't include servers over 18 slots ... too chaotic. You can camp your way to top scores.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942