Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

md5 support Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   God_like (old) Icon

• Locationmo

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

I have no idea if this would work or anything but i have read to make aimbots work you have to recompile the game with the aimbot. so could server request like the md5 or something of a game to see if the game has changed ?

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:51 PM

Such checks are probably impossible without PB or a tool that would work similarly.

#3 User is offline   God_like (old) Icon

• Locationmo

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:01 AM

like i said i have no idea how to impleament it but i have seen it done in a script before. just an idea because i like the free version and there may not be any sure solid way to block cheating from the server side but there hasgot to be a way to make it harder.

#4 User is offline   ironized (old) Icon

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

i see how its possible BUT, if im not mistaken, will only work for iourt, not q3urt...

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

you need something that works on your desktop and checks if something you do is legitimate. to do that it is required to be something that does not change easily by the user. it doesn't matter much what the target of the check is ioq3 or idq3 but that the tool itself is secure from user modifications.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ironized (old) Icon

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

i reckon, run possibility tests....

ie given the mouse sensitivty and how quick of a movemen htye made and the amount of kills.. it decideds if its possible, ie 4 kills 2 seconds and the mouther technically moved 200m.....

its not right...

#7 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

but i have read to make aimbots work you have to recompile the game with the aimbot

Nope, aimbots use the OpenGL driver, totally independent of the game. The game already provides a mechanism to check if client files are the same as the server (sv_pure) but that wouldn't combat aimbots or wallhacks.

What's needed is what's already been suggested, *something* that runs on your PC and checks for whatever, which is what PB did / does for the Q3 version, but not for ioUrT.

#8 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

i reckon, run possibility tests....

ie given the mouse sensitivty and how quick of a movemen htye made and the amount of kills.. it decideds if its possible, ie 4 kills 2 seconds and the mouther technically moved 200m.....

its not right...

God I hope not, who decides what's possible?

#9 User is offline   God_like (old) Icon

• Locationmo

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:09 AM

"Nope, aimbots use the OpenGL driver, totally independent of the game. The game already provides a mechanism to check if client files are the same as the server (sv_pure) but that wouldn't combat aimbots or wallhacks.

What's needed is what's already been suggested, *something* that runs on your PC and checks for whatever, which is what PB did / does for the Q3 version, but not for ioUrT."

Thanks did not know that.

Like i said there is no way to eradicate the  use of cheating i was suggesting a way to battle it. What if the critical opengl files were checked? there is the posabilty of running dual versions. I just really want to make iourbana as fun as the quake3 version. what would iourban need to run pb,why does iourban not include this. There has to be a way to combat cheating on the server-side.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942