Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Startup Problems Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Piro24 (old) Icon

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

Hello, I am semi-new to Linux, so I might seem like a noob here, but I will try to explain the situation...

I downloaded the .zip file from the site, and extracted it to /home/patrick/UrbanTerror , and when I click on the executable (ioUrbanTerror.i386) nothing happens, except for the screen flashing black, then back to my normal desktop, then flashing black again for a bit longer, then it gives me my desktop back, but with the resolution all screwed up, and no mouse support whatsoever.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Some help please? What should I do? Is there anything I need to do before I execute the program? I do not have quake 3 installed, but I read that it is not required... So please, some help because I am pretty damn frustrated about this.

#2 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

What model is your video card? Do you have proprietary drivers installed or just the crappy ones that come w/ Ubuntu?

You might try running the program from the terminal. Go to the directory where it is and type ./ioUrbanTerror.i386

That way when it dumps out of the game it might give you an error message. Most likely sounds like an OpenGl error, possibly caused by not using the proper video driver for your card.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942