Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Evenbalance has lost it. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

early PB versions sucked and the update crap was the suck but now things have improved very good and mostly i dont even notice if PB is on anymore and oswald is right, the whining would be 100% more and the cheat0rs would hop around in UrT again (remember last few days of 2.5?) it just wasnt fun 2 play anymore

#12 User is offline   Xavier (old) Icon

• LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:03 PM

So, if you got XP you dont have to worry about this? :D
And, I rather do what everthey say than have a cheater in my game. :x

#13 User is offline   Insane_Penquin (old) Icon

• Locationwaco, tx

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:32 PM

i like having punkbuster and all, but this seems a little excessive. it seems to me that they should be able to detect cheats running regardless of which user is running the cheat, i don't know maybe that would slow things down too much.

#14 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:31 PM

So, if you got XP you dont have to worry about this? :D
And, I rather do what everthey say than have a cheater in my game. :x

:roll:

1: With XP you DO have to worry about this, unless you use an admin-account anywayz, wich I gues you do.
2: Ye, its realy good to make your PC realy vurnable, to stop having cheaters.

#15 User is offline   MaxiM (old) Icon

• LocationPoland

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:53 PM

What's all the fuss? I'm using Admin account since Windows 2000 PRO, and i can't see why i shouldn't. It can only be a problem if you want to play in your work, but you shoudn't do that anyway :wink:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   qadn (old) Icon

• LocationEnschede, the netherlands

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:35 PM

[quote name='"MaxiM"]I'm using Admin account since Windows 2000 PRO' date=' and i can't see why i shouldn't.[/quote']

Because it is insecure. period.

If you where to run all your stuff as a priviliged user and there would be a buffer-overflow exploit possible your whole system is compromised.

Now if you do not do that then only that user's data will be compromised.

HTH HAND

regards,

Qadn

PS. PEBKAC

#17 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:43 PM

Because it is insecure. period.

If you where to run all your stuff as a priviliged user and there would be a buffer-overflow exploit possible your whole system is compromised.

Very true for the average 'nobrain' windows user. Some of us are a bit more intelligent though and know how to safeguard our systems. :)

#18 User is offline   J0E (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:50 AM

Better off safe then sorry ? just use some common sense protecting yourself, if someone decides to hack you, you will be hacked no matter what you do, i think this thread is a bit exaggerated.

#19 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:56 AM

[quote name='"MaxiM"]What's all the fuss? I'm using Admin account since Windows 2000 PRO' date=' and i can't see why i shouldn't. It can only be a problem if you want to play in your work, but you shoudn't do that anyway :wink:[/quote']
i guess u are one of those guys being happy to reinstall windos every few weeks...
no further comment...

#20 User is offline   Kamisama (old) Icon

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:46 AM

The only machine secure from a DETERMINED hacker is one unplugged from EVERYTHING, filled with concrete, and dumped into Mt. Doom along with the one true ring...

You can use ANYTHING to hack a machine (yes even PK3 files as they are simply renamed ZIP files which has been revealed to be a possible vector...).

As to Everbalance...they can have root to any machine I play online with...key point is to not have ANYTHING of worth on that machine and never allow access to a work machine.

They can have root on my WORK machine when they pry the password from my cold dead lips.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942