Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Custom Boot Screens Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:58 AM

I recently kinda got into making customized boot screens. These are a couple that I made for my laptop which runs Vista.

Posted Image
Original one I made. Coundln't find a Win 95 image that had a large enough resolution to make this one look good.

Posted Image
So then I took this.....

Posted Image
And turned it into this. Added in black on each side to make it look better on my widescreen. I only spent about 5 minutes changing the text, adding the shadow behind it, and changing the copyright year. All done in MS paint. lol

I have a few more on my xp desktop but I didn't make them, just dled them for ideas.

Oh BTW, did anybody notice that the windows logo has been backwards since XP?

http://img474.images...indows98od1.jpg

http://www.smashingm...indows-logo.jpg

I wonder why they did that.

#2 User is offline   Drezil Icon

• Account: drezil

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

last time i changed my win-boot-logo i had to format after a while..
iirc it hunks somewhere into the bootloader thus letting a crashed mbr not recover by fixmbr or fixboot in the repair-console.

but looks fine. Aside from the point that you use windows :D

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

omg seriously? you had a chance to customize the boot screen and you chose to use MICROSOFT'S LOGO AGAIN?

#4 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

You should leave an LCD off during start up, because every time the resolution changes (XP boots at 720xsomething), the backlight has to turn off and on, which decreases lifespan. Considering that the backlight cycles probably 2 or 3 times during bootup, you could be cutting its useful life in half or worse. Once in Windows, I like to use nVidia's control panel to force software scaling, which uses the GPU to interpolate lower resolutions. Because the monitor doesn't have to do anything because the signal seems the same to it, the backlight doesn't have to cycle, which makes switching between resolutions really fast.

Nothing you can do about a laptop's LCD being on during startup, though.

On topic:
Vista's bootscreen is hideous. Who thought they should get rid of the logo altogether? Fail.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942