Urban Terror Forums: ut4_ferguson_b12 release 9th Jan 2011 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_ferguson_b12 release 9th Jan 2011 Rate Topic: -----

sneaks; ferguson beta tests

#81 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

Ferguson Beta 12 released today. gl, hf
link; [urtmaps.prkl.org] ut4_ferguson_b12
link;'4shared' download

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A few related threads;
north ferguson development - http://forums.urbant...thferguson-rc1/
south ferguson development - http://forums.urbant...thferguson-rc1/
b12 pre-release sneak peak - http://forums.urbant...4-ferguson-b12/

This post has been edited by Sneaks: 10 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

#82 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:28 AM

Wow, another great looking map :) Interesting background humming sound, very weird, but maches the map style, cool.

I was quite surprised to hear water sounds here, to me it didn't look like water ... mud, yes, but not water. Maybe can give some more blue or so ... but not important I think.
Posted Image

Missing texture:
Posted Image

Overlapping texture:
Posted Image

Ok, so I came to this spot and .. was wondering what it was good for :-) The only thing I could do: jump up there, in crouch position because the ceiling is so low, but I wasn't able to see anything directly. I had to press jump key to see through and eventually shoot. Is that expected? Maybe it's only for nades? But than it's to narrow ... no? Hmm.
Posted Image

Thanks for the map!

This post has been edited by rfx: 09 January 2011 - 03:29 AM

#83 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

Its hard to get the lighting right when everyone has different settings. Lighting would have been my first complaint looking at your sceenshots. Ive spent hours messing around with different light setups that give enough light without being too dark.

Thanks for your input, it always helps. Mud sploshes would be cool. I have added a few puddles around the map, to swallow smoke nades and help locate 'players' hiding in corners. Some mud would also be a great addition. In the next year Id like to pay closer attention to the ground surfaces. In particular the puddles, ty. Today Im going to have a look at the map on the alpha urt4.2 and Ill give you shot of the water then :)

That texture was the last addition I made [exile5 logo] and its now packaged in the map, fixed missing texture.

I have only just started to notice that with the bus too, Im not sure what it is. I tried to fix it last week, but it must just be the model? I have added 'caulked' brushes [invisible boxes] inside the bus that make it solid, so no textures to overlap. I am looking for new vehicle models [3 or 4 cars, a bus and a truck] to be ready for the 4.2 release.

Yeah Ive always had that room there, its a fungal incubator for growing nubrooms. The nub runs in to hide [with flag or in TS] and you throw nades in the slot to cook em. Ive hindered players ability to get out quickly, its basically a no go area... an abandoned ticket booth? There used to be one of Black Raynes bomb models in there too, Ill put it back in eventually.

Thank you for your feedback

#84 User is offline   Tristan Icon

• Account: tristan
  • Main tag: =BL=

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Link is broken :(
[size="14"] [/size]

#85 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostTristan, on 09 January 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

Link is broken :(

link fixed, sorry about that :mad:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Here's another missing texture:
Posted Image

#87 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:00 AM

Ive updated these missing textures. I had removed Black Raynes alcohol cans.jpg, but it was the .jpg for the bottles too..

I just a run around in 4.2alpha [ut4_ferguson_b12], with everything turned up as high as I can. Im not sure, but I think Im getting fps lag when I look into the sky?

I also found the lighting dull and uninspired. When I recompile Ill add the deep shadows again. Might need more lamps to compensate.

Ill need further optimisation for 4.2; where minor fps drops occur in 4.1 these are major fps drops in 4.2, some that can take some time for my overheating system to recover from. The water still looked dull too.

#88 User is offline   Rappio Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: rappio
  • Main tag: [PRKL]

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:11 AM

(Official Mirror) Mirror:
http://urtmaps.prkl....erguson_b12.pk3

Fast speed, no waiting time before download, have fun!
What is the sound of silent scream when you still map with GTK Radiant 1.5

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942