• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dreaming of Nevada Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#101 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

are there linux server files available for UrT:HD ? i only see a windows client download and even then i dont see a ioUrTded.exe ... ??
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#102 User is offline   Silver Swords Icon

• Account: silverswords

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

looks like tp after armageddon. =)

is it same size or larger(more spacious)?
Smiles open many doors.

#103 User is offline   khrmacha Icon

• Account: khrmacha

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Excellent work. Looks amazing.

eagle next? hehe

#104 User is offline   ItsMe Icon

• Account: itsme
  • Main tag: bc`

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostrYuuJiN, on 04 February 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Just sad that everytime someone from the hardcore scene comes here and gives his honest opinion he is getting pushed away by these frozen sand fan b0ys that sit more on the forums than actually play this time.
... snip the rest of whining about the new TP

This reminds me of the Discussions about 4.1...
<timewarp>

I've never really been a fan of wall jumping or high speed strafe jumping, but the other day on superman made me finally say; "this is B.S." and makes ctf no fun at all anymore. I saw someone grab the red flag, gain speed from the roof, and make it all the way across to the blue flag in less than 5 seconds. Then just about as fast, capture the blue flag by using the same techniques to get back to the red roof with lightning speed. This unfair advantage gained by individuals who probably spend countless hours on empty servers learning all the tricks to the map, while most are actually playing Urban Terror trying to get better at the real objectives, has taken the fun out of the game.

</timewarp>
Hardcore Players hum?

Fortunately RaideR did not delete the old Formposts - you can read the whole Hardcore Player thing in this Post

#105 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostItsMe, on 05 February 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hardcore Players hum?

Fortunately RaideR did not delete the old Formposts - you can read the whole Hardcore Player thing in this Post

rYuuJiN wasn't talking about self proclaimed 'hardcore players'. He said "hardcore scene", referring to (the top of) the competitive scene.

That thread you referred to was rather an single individual from one clan that was suggesting the game has to be nerved down in terms of skill-wise to suit the player base that wasn't willing or capable to put in effort to learn how to play this game, not to mention he clearly mentioned he was biased toward a particular skill set. Also, he made a prediction in that thread that CTF game-type and competition would be dead as the new players supposedly weren't able to learn those movements to play CTF effectively.
Given this new season of CTF League on Urban-Zone has 99 teams signed-up. It's safe to say that the prediction made by the OP in that old thread was flawed.

If you did read that thread entirely. You should have noticed that even novice players back than disagreed with his assessment and suggestion to nerf the game down. In fact, I was one of them back than as a new player in Urban Terror.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#106 User is offline   OHMEGA Icon

• Account: ohmega
  • Main tag: |ALPHA|

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Have you guys ever been to Nevada?

#107 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

he used superman as his example for why speed was a problem for CTF, to me that is the major flaw in his argument.. xD CTF is awesome in UrT as it is now, and I'm happy that this game is still what it is.

Regarding Nevada, and HD, I still wish the alpha was progressing the way it was for the first month or 3, in my opinion having more updates that people could play woulda had more people interested in it regardless of how broken the gameplay was, just my opinion
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#108 User is offline   hellraiser Icon

• Account: hellraiser

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

an ultra-fine map!!!

and a great show off as always! :tongue:

and weaps animation are very well done! :biggrin: :cool:

trying to figure how they will sound :tongue:

congrats

[offtopic]
I've noticed that in the first scene with Mr. Bean close up, the M4 barrel is a litte longer. Maybe some shorten is needed.
I don't know bu I'd go for it.
[offtopic]

#109 User is offline   skaz Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: skaz

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks everybody!

#110 User is offline   Amiga777 Icon

• Account: amiga777

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 03 February 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Ha! Its Turnpike with anohter theme! We knew it! :P

Ha, ya beat me to it! That's one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the video!

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942