Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

practice bots? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mikypoke Icon

• Account: mikypoke

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

i'm playing urt now for a while but i want to make something so i can fight vs 5 bots
and only me
can someone plz tell me how to make this?
or to set-up

sory for my bad english

#2 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

hello,

well, fs pretty much made bots useless with the release of 4.1.1., as far as i know you can still start a map offline (haven't tried it in 4.2 though) and add bots but they are not leaving there spawn point, they will stay on their spawn point until they spot you, they will attack but since you have the advantage of having a static target it's rather boring to fight bots... not to speak of their sad and boring movement patterns (if they move:)

nevertheless .. here is how it should work ..

1. open your console (shift+esc)
2. type /bot_enable 1
3. type /reload
4. type /addbot <name> <level> (e.g. /addbot puma 5), level 5 is max

here's a list of all available bots:
boa
cheetah
chicken
cobra
c ockroach
cougar
goose
mantis
penguin
puma
python
raven
scarab
scorpion
tiger
widow

if you want to find out more about bot commands go to google and use this string: <site:urbanterror.info add bots>

cheers
Karl
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   mikypoke Icon

• Account: mikypoke

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 09 August 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

hello,

well, fs pretty much made bots useless with the release of 4.1.1., as far as i know you can still start a map offline (haven't tried it in 4.2 though) and add bots but they are not leaving there spawn point, they will stay on their spawn point until they spot you, they will attack but since you have the advantage of having a static target it's rather boring to fight bots... not to speak of their sad and boring movement patterns (if they move:)

nevertheless .. here is how it should work ..

1. open your console (shift+esc)
2. type /bot_enable 1
3. type /reload
4. type /addbot <name> <level> (e.g. /addbot puma 5), level 5 is max

here's a list of all available bots:
boa
cheetah
chicken
cobra
c ockroach
cougar
goose
mantis
penguin
puma
python
raven
scarab
scorpion
tiger
widow

if you want to find out more about bot commands go to google and use this string: <site:urbanterror.info add bots>

cheers
Karl

thanks mate :D

but i think i just stick with practicing in servers.
if bots are just standing there D: i wont learn to much lol

but thanks for ur effort and comment :)

cheers

#4 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

The bots I play against in UrT4.2 don't stand around on Algiers. They run around, shoot at me and, when having a chance, kill me too. They are OK for a target practice and they don't call you a noob. ;)

To give it a try:

1. Start Urban Terror
2. When in the main menu press '~' key to open game console
3. In the console type '/bot_enable 1' (don't type ', it's here to separate commands from other text in my post), then press 'enter' key
4. Close console by pressing '~' key
5. Still in the main menu, click on 'start server' on the right
6. Keep clicking on 'Gametype: <game_type>' entry until it shows 'Gametype: Free For All'
7. In the 'select map' menu on the right click on 'Algiers'
8. Click on 'start server' arrow in the bottom right
9. After map loads, open console by pressing '~' key
10. To add bots type '/addbot puma' press 'enter' key. Keep adding bots by typing the previous command and replacing 'puma' with 'chicken', 'cougar', 'raven', and 'tiger' *
11. Close console by pressing '~' key
12. Happy practising

* To add those five bots with a single command create a text file in your 'q3ut4' folder and name it 'bots5.cfg', for example. In this file type five lines of text as following

addbot puma
addbot chicken
addbot cougar
addbot raven
addbot tiger

Next, in step 10. type '/exec bots5.cfg' and all 5 bots will be added to the game. For more info on available bots and maps check the following link:

http://www.urbanterr...running+%2Bbots

This post has been edited by bArgh: 09 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

#5 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

uhhh... good to know :) ..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tarok Icon

• Account: tarok

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

It's possible to add bots in TDM ?

#7 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Only few stock maps support bots properly, thats why they are standing still on most of them or won't load at all. Its possible to fix it though :smile: Some 3rd party maps support bots too (as example ut4_gloom and ut4_coldwar :cool: or JohnnyEnglish's maps)
I've made while ago little script to add bots easily:
set bot0              "set next_bot vstr bot1;set prev_bot vstr bot16"
set bot1              "ut_echo Boa;set next_bot vstr bot2;set prev_bot vstr bot11;set add_bot addbot boa 4 0 0 Boa"
set bot2              "ut_echo Cheetah;set next_bot vstr bot3;set prev_bot vstr bot1;set add_bot addbot cheetah 4 0 0 Cheetah"
set bot3              "ut_echo Chicken;set next_bot vstr bot4;set prev_bot vstr bot2;set add_bot addbot chicken 4 0 0 Chicken"
set bot4              "ut_echo Cobra;set next_bot vstr bot5;set prev_bot vstr bot3;set add_bot addbot cobra 4 0 0 Cobra"
set bot5              "ut_echo Cockroach;set next_bot vstr bot6;set prev_bot vstr bot4;set add_bot addbot cockroach 4 0 0 Cockroach"
set bot6              "ut_echo Cougar;set next_bot vstr bot7;set prev_bot vstr bot5;set add_bot addbot cougar 4 0 0 Cougar"
set bot7              "ut_echo Goose;set next_bot vstr bot8;set prev_bot vstr bot6;set add_bot addbot goose 4 0 0 Goose"
set bot8              "ut_echo Mantis;set next_bot vstr bot9;set prev_bot vstr bot7;set add_bot addbot mantis 4 0 0 Mantis"
set bot9              "ut_echo Penguin;set next_bot vstr bot10;set prev_bot vstr bot8;set add_bot addbot penguin 4 0 0 Penguin"
set bot10             "ut_echo Puma;set next_bot vstr bot11;set prev_bot vstr bot9;set add_bot addbot puma 4 0 0 Puma"
set bot11             "ut_echo Python;set next_bot vstr bot12;set prev_bot vstr bot10;set add_bot addbot python 4 0 0 Python"
set bot12             "ut_echo Raven;set next_bot vstr bot13;set prev_bot vstr bot11;set add_bot addbot raven 4 0 0 Raven"
set bot13             "ut_echo Scarab;set next_bot vstr bot14;set prev_bot vstr bot12;set add_bot addbot scarab 4 0 0 Scarab"
set bot14             "ut_echo Scorpion;set next_bot vstr bot15;set prev_bot vstr bot13;set add_bot addbot scorpion 4 0 0 Scorpion"
set bot15             "ut_echo Tiger;set next_bot vstr bot16;set prev_bot vstr bot14;set add_bot addbot tiger 4 0 0 Tiger"
set bot16             "ut_echo Widow;set next_bot vstr bot1;set prev_bot vstr bot15;set add_bot addbot widow 4 0 0 Widow"
vstr                  "bot0"
bind / "vstr add_bot"
bind , "vstr prev_bot"
bind . "vstr next_bot"

Copy it to autoexec.cfg if you want to use it, its possible to change bot properties also.

#8 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

View Posttarok, on 17 August 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

It's possible to add bots in TDM ?

Of course. In step 6. of my instructions above, keep clicking through 'game type' menu until you get 'Gametype: Team Deathmatch', then continue with instructions. To get even teams add bots first (step 10.) then auto-join.

Don't expect much of a team play though, bots are not that smart. They just run around shooting at each other and you. Useful for a target practice at your own pace and experimenting with weapons only. To learn the game you need to play it online.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942