• You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble switching weapons .009 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

bind mwheelup ut_weaptoggle primary
bind mwheeldown ut_weaptoggle sidearm

with these binds I often scroll trough my weapons, primary > sidearm > primary > sidearm etc. also using this to cancel my reload.

works flawless on 4.1.1

on 4.2.009 there seems to be some kind of delay before you can swap weapons again after a previous swap. for example: primary > sidearm > STUCK(delay) > primary (delay) > sidearm etc.

this isn't only annoying because I want to cancel my reload(which may be seen as a bug) but it is also annoying since I may want to recover an unintended swap in a short amount of time to save myself during battle.

would like to know if anyone else noticed this and if this is supposed to be.
a thing of beauty is a joy

#2 User is offline   Thephoenix Icon

• Account: thephoenix

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

yes other ppl noticed it, and Root told us on a server that it was made on purpose (if i remember right). I think that you will have to deal with it, or maybe it will be changed still. You can try to change to another switch gun mode. Personnally i don't use the mouse's wheel. I use "A" (azerty) to go for left weapons and "right click" for right weapons.

#3 User is offline   Orbit Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: orbit

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I use MWHEELDOWN "ut_weaptoggle primary sidearm" and when i have also secondary weapon i can't get pistol.
Loads between primary and secondary.

This post has been edited by Orbit: 28 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

#4 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

One more similar issue: I never carry a secondary, I don’t even have a bind to switch to secondary, but when I pick one up in .009, bind MOUSE3 "ut_weaptoggle primary" will switch between primary and secondary — I empty the primary, switch to pistol, then back to primary… and get a bloody MP5 or SPAS instead. I just rolled back to .008 and the behavior there was exactly the same as in 4.1, you’d never switch to secondary. (The configs in all cases are identical, freshly copied over.)

The weapon switching in UrT has always been full of edge cases (the joys of carrying UMP as a primary and picking up an MP5…), but this is outright lethal.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#5 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

i had no issue with bind [key] "ut_weaptoggle primary secondary"
tried the situation from above, when grabbing pistol [ut_weaptoggle sidearm] it goes back to the last primary/secondary in use [ofc not in case where a secondary weapon (mp5/ump) is used as primary], even if a sec. is picked up and not selected for equipment.
<sXe>

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

"ut_weaptoggle primary" should never switch to your secondary when you are holding a primary. If it does, that's a bug. If the user wants that, they can use "ut_weaptoggle primary secondary".

If the user selects one of the 3 smaller weapons as their primary, then it is actually a primary. So that weapon should come up when toggling to primary. It would make sense then for toggle secondary to Not switch to this weapon.

However, if they then pick up a large weapon, it becomes the primary and the smaller weapon becomes the secondary.

Or, if they picked up another secondary style gun, that new gun would be the secondary and the first gun would be the primary and the toggle should work accordingly: toggle secondary should not rotate through both guns, it should only switch to the gun they picked up.

#7 User is offline   Zwiebi Icon

• Account: zwiebi
  • Main tag: )O,O(

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Just checking in to see, whether there are any news on this issue. Is this behaviour considered a bug or a feature?

I can't snipe in 4.2.009, because I use SR8, UMP, DE and

bind MOUSE2 "ut_weaptoggle primary;ut_zoomin"

works in a way, that the first right click should select the primary (if it's not selected yet) and the second one should zoom in. If I use a primary without scope, that the first right click should select the primary and after that nothing should happen if I right click.
Instead of this, in 4.2.009, the first right click selects the primary, and the second one is flashing the scope for a fraction of a second and then switches to the UMP.

#8 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Zwiebi- this was quite clearly explained and i've tried it on 4.1 [works as expected], 4.2.009 [doesn't as you point out], and 010 QA RC where it works just as 4.1, so expect this one to be fixed in the next update :)
i think this should also fix all the other above mentioned weaptoggle issues

This post has been edited by n1n: 23 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

<sXe>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942