Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

game is "stuttering" Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

Sometimes my game is kinda stuttering (kinda echoing), for sound and frames at the same time.
My fps counter is showing stable fps when this occurs..

I dont think it has a special cause, its happening when im alone on a server or with other people.

I think i have another linked issue,
at some point while playing 4.2 and im in a Teamspeak3 server, my microphone will stop working, in the teamspeak it will show as if it was sending all the time, but nobody can hear me.

I never had that/these problems with other versions or any other programs

#2 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

I get a similar effect. At least it's what I would consider "stuttering" in that there are MANY small stutters such that the game almost feels jerky and then there are large stutters than completely halt the game for a significant portion of a second.

#3 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

There is a bug in 4.2.010 which is related to a new variable for no. of jumps. It causes lag whenever you do a walljump, and the severity will depend on your ping to the server. You will find more information on it in other threads.

#4 User is offline   JerryBeansMan Icon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postthelionroars, on 05 April 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

There is a bug in 4.2.010 which is related to a new variable for no. of jumps. It causes lag whenever you do a walljump, and the severity will depend on your ping to the server. You will find more information on it in other threads.

+1 for walljump bug. 250ping. My view shows the wall jump as having failed but then I suddenly teleport to the correct location, having actually jumped correctly. It makes timing the input for jumping very difficult.

That doesn't sound like the same issue op is having though, is it?
Jerry, a bean soldier, believes he is the strongest warrior in the world, but his true abilities are still untested.

#5 User is offline   Divinity Icon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

The stuttering I'm talking about happens independent of any wall jumping efforts unless this bug manifests itself randomly for no apparent reason.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Yes, i didnt talk about the walljumping, its completely random

#7 User is offline   raylewis Icon

• Account: raylewis

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

I get the same stutter, my feeling is its some setting i brought over from 4.1. But it does almost make the game unplayable.

#8 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Meh, I accidentally doubled this bug report: http://www.urbanterr...011-stuttering/

I'm getting the same thing. My CPU and video card are fine and this doesn't happen in any other game, including 4.1. Feels like massive FPS drops but FPS is steady.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 12 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

#9 User is offline   Divinity Icon

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

View Postraylewis, on 10 April 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

I get the same stutter, my feeling is its some setting i brought over from 4.1. But it does almost make the game unplayable.

I did a diff of my 4.1 config to a default 4.2 and only copied over control bindings with one exception (don't remember which right off hand) so I'm skeptical that's it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942