• You cannot reply to this topic

[URGENT] GTV in 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

GTV is still not working in 4.2

#1 User is offline   xesya Icon

• Account: xesya
  • Main tag: #rekt.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hello dear members of the development team,

last time I asked, I was told GTV would be working in *.011. Apparently it doesn't, at least we (urt-tv) aren't able to connect a single GTV server to any 4.2 gameserver. We tried connecting 8 (!!) GTV servers to multiple gameservers, it simply doesn't work.

We're running low on time by now,on monday the first league matches in 4.2 are starting and we would appreciate being able to provide GTV coverage for them.

It'd be nice if you could consider this a matter of urgency and look into it ASAP, since GTV is badly needed for the competitive side of this community. Everyone will agree no GTV for 4.2 is a great loss to this game.

kind regards
R.I.P. Brainie *30-December '10 - †25-January '14

#2 User is offline   r00t Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Anticheat Developer
  • Account: r00t

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I have tested GTV many times with 4.2.11 and it worked well:

Urban Terror 4.2.11+ and GTV how-to

• Download GTV (gtv30f.zip), unpack to urban terror directory,
    so you have gtv.exe in same directory as UrTUpdater.exe,
    GTV3 should be subdirectory.

• Copy (or symlink/junction link) BASEQ3 from original Quake3 to urban terror
    directory.

GTV.EXE
    |
    +- GTV3 (gtv.cfg,q3key)
    |
    +- BASEQ3 (pak0.pk3,pak1.pk3,...)
    |
    +- Q3UT4 (zUrT42_0001.pk3,zUrT42_0002.pk3,...)

• Put q3key into GTV3 directory, key must have correct characters but doesn't have
    to be valid online (ie. "3333333333333333" will work)

• Edit gtv.cfg:
    a) Change name,passwords,serverinfo,port,gtv_delay... usual stuff
    b) Change gtv_mapName to ut4_dressingroom (or other urban terror map)
    c) You can also change gtv_autoCam=0, gtv_autoWatch=2 (automatically redirect people to delayed stream)
    (Connecting to empty server have been fixed in 4.2.11, so autoWatch isn't needed)

• Run "gtv.exe +set fs_game q3ut4"

• Connect to empty GTV just like to normal game server.

• /gtv_admin <admin_pwd>
    /gtv_connect <server ip:port> <password if needed>
    GTV should connect to server and show stream #1 active, #2 will be added with delay

• /gtv_watch 1
    You are now on realtime stream, take camera:
    /gtv_camera <camera_pwd>
    Join spectator, start spectating.

• People can connect to GTV and either be automatically redirected to stream #2 or use /gtv_watch 2

• When done:
    /gtv_disconnect 1
    /gtv_disconnect 2

• To shutdown GTV, use "quit" command directly in GTV console.

#3 User is offline   xesya Icon

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Thanks r00t, works like a charm.

There's one issue with it though, many people load the waiting room (dressingroom) multiple times and for serveral minutes until they can finally join the stream. It takes like a few minutes and then fixes itself, had dozens of viewers complaining about it, so it seems very common (expirienced it myself too).

#4 User is offline   Morfi Icon

• Account: morfi
  • Main tag: <GD>

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

I'm not sure if anyone already reported this but as I remember, the old gtv doesn't let to show dead players and 4.2 gtv does. I've seen it in yesterday's match and I think it might be a kind of bug/oversight.

#5 User is offline   Killerchris Icon

• Account: killerchris

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi there.

I got Problems with exactly that.

I tried it like r00t did describe, but if i want to connect with my UrT Client it tells me that the Server is outdated.

I double checked that all zpak files are in, and yes they are.

So now i dont know what to do.

I tested unter Windows (Win Server 2008 and Win 7) and under Linux (Debian Squeeze 6) both with 64 bit Systems.

Always get the same Error.

I really hope you can help me out here.

And i'm sorry for my bad English.

Greetz from Germany

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Killerchris Icon

• Account: killerchris

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Okay sorry for that, found it.

I was running the Old Binary that was only for UrT 4.1

I just erased this one and replaced it with the original fpr q3 and now everything is working just fine !

Greez Chris

#7 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

I have one more bug to report. When using gtv as an admin and connecting gtv server to a given game, and finally connecting my client to watch a cw without a delay and when a map is loaded, my game configs sort of merge together. I have got a separate cfg for doing gtvs. What changes are hud elements, team colours, my nick, and the like.

This post has been edited by rastablaster: 06 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

#8 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Which gtv binary are you guys running with and where is it that we can grab a copy?

-Me

#9 User is offline   xesya Icon

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

So two months and more than 100 matches later, we can say there's two major bugs which complicate our job.

1) The Dressingroom-loop-bug I described in my previous post. It's occurence is very frequent, I'd guess it happens to like 20-25% of the people attempting to connect to a gtv server.

2) Sometimes we're simply unable to connect gtv servers to game servers. I can't spot what causes it, it seems random to me. It even happens between maps, when we disconnect the gtv server upon map reload on the game server. Same gtv, same game server. We get the normal connecting message, but instead of the map it just says "(null)" on the delayed and un-delayed feed, when trying to watch 1 (un-delayed), it says "Watch 1 is not ready", just like the password for the game server was wrong, but it isn't. We're able to circumvent it by switching the gtv server or restarting it, that's obviously highly annoying for our crew and viewers.

I'd appreciate if you could look into this, everything else works fine.

View PostReflux, on 13 May 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Which gtv binary are you guys running with and where is it that we can grab a copy?

-Me

Sorry, just saw this now. If you still need help, join #urt-tv @ irc.quakenet.org and message an operator.

This post has been edited by xesya: 20 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

#10 User is offline   b1naryth1ef Icon

• Account: b1naryth1ef

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

Making sure there is a functional TV platform for UrT 4.2 is high on my personal list of todos. The problem right now is we can't simply make changes to the GTV binaries and release them. This is due to two limitations.

1. FS does not have the source for the current GTV binaries. We've reached out to Brad, the creator, and he has refused access to the original source.
2. Even if FS did have source to GTV, we can't release binaries because it fails to fall under the IDTech/etc licenses (I think this is the major reason Brad refuses to release source)

Due to these two conditions, a complete rewrite of GTV is the only current solution. This is obviously fairly high up the list for FS due to the wide use of GTV, but also secondary to the overall bug fixing and quality of the game. GTV is a fairly complex beast, and it's not an easy task replicating the functionality. We also obviously want the end result to be something stable and useable, so don't expect it immediately.

tl;dr: A rewrite is being worked on, we don't have an ETA but we acknowledge it's an important tool for the community.
I break stuff and call it a feature

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942