• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Misc Item Rate Topic: -----

Stimpacks

#1 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

So I was thinking about a new equipment item that could be taken. Stimpacks (Steroids)

Now what this does is it gives the user more stamina. Good for big maps. Especially on CTF. Stimpacks would boost stamina by 50%.(Kevlar's stamina decrease applies before stimpacks)If we think of stamina in units, The normal player without kevlar has 100 stamina. With kevlar he has 50 (I believe)

It could also increase the rate at which you regain stamina too but then it would probably be a bit too good.

With stimpacks...

A player without kevlar would have max 150 stamina
A player with kevlar would have 75 stamina.

A different possible use for this item (instead of the extra stamina) :

Slowly heals (1-2 hp per second) but only when you are below 25-40 hp. Useful for when you are almost dead and you move really slowly. Heals you up in 15-25 seconds. Works when you are moving and when you are standing still.

This post has been edited by tupp: 23 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

#2 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Bump

#3 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

This seems more intrusive to the core gameplay than it would benefit.
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#5 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

i like the idea, don't see how it detracts from the gameplay, it supports the use of jumping and sliding by giving us more stamina. All for increasing the speed of the game, it's what makes UrT so good.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   docDude Icon

• Account: docdude
  • Main tag: =jF=

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Good movement in UrT is all about stamina-management.

Need more than 1 bar? Git gud.

My ambition is handicapped by my laziness.

#7 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostdocDude, on 24 December 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Good movement in UrT is all about stamina-management.

Need more than 1 bar? Git gud.

hahah pls. It just opens up more opportunity no matter your skill level. The item would need to be taken in the place of another attachment, such as a silencer or laser. The laser does the exact thing you're against, helping players will less trigger control. can you explain how it's fair to give an advantage to someone who has less trigger control but not someone who can't 'manage' their stamina as well as others?

Personally i hate the laser, due to the exact reason that it helps lesser skilled players have less spray, but there are a lot of player who enjoy it because they do not have the time or simply cannot achieve the level of others. They will be using an item slot on something that you believe you can achieve anyway while you can use it on nades or something.

This post has been edited by Pez: 24 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

#8 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostPez, on 24 December 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

hahah pls. It just opens up more opportunity no matter your skill level. The item would need to be taken in the place of another attachment, such as a silencer or laser. The laser does the exact thing you're against, helping players will less trigger control. can you explain how it's fair to give an advantage to someone who has less trigger control but not someone who can't 'manage' their stamina as well as others?

Personally i hate the laser, due to the exact reason that it helps lesser skilled players have less spray, but there are a lot of player who enjoy it because they do not have the time or simply cannot achieve the level of others. They will be using an item slot on something that you believe you can achieve anyway while you can use it on nades or something.

^ Almost .
The problem is that stamina consumption mechanism is flawed by design .
Don't understand me wrong ''flying-across-the-map'' in snake_a_like (or if you prefer chinese_dragon_a_like) ''motioncombo'' type of motion it should work as it is .
If you cannot control the curve you are supposed to be able to do it , or at least if you ask me , just as it is now .
Which is also not always practical to use ...

But however the considerably slower , single motions are too slow , a lot of control is out of the equation (for instance there is some constant sliding when you move , even for the slowest move there) . Something making some type of behaviour , which is not uncommon for BOTs in singleplayer in some games to use , so random in Urban Terror
multy ...

It is not so easy to ballaced the two types of motion .

Also if I remember correctly Frankie V said that probably in future the shooting at players in UT won't be just like shooting at sandbags (cannot find the exact quote right now , but it was from the last 2-3 months , if someone eventually want to check it out) . Highly promising - no community reaction ...

I never have played enough with light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation sight ( maybe because it reveals your location , well there is and other way of using it without to inform everyone for your presence , but not without certain amount of risk ... ) , but if it is really so recoil tolerant as you say , then it is
simply integrated cheat aka exploit (which is just another word for cheat ) .

#9 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

I don't speak a word of български език, but most of the time I think I'd understand more of what you say if you posted in your native tongue.

#10 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

It got kinda messy :) .
Probably I will rewrite it those days (eventually) .

It is not about the language . I do this in any language I speak sometimes .
It is no excuse by any means . By default it is not important to give information , but to take . It is more than enough that I understand .
It is not like in general the (in fact any auditory is such worthless , not just this one) auditory is dumb as shit .

So theirs is the actual fault .

There is no real point in putting too much attention in what I say here .
It is not a real discussion .

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942