Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Get UT to Start Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fijimark Icon

• Account: fijimark

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Just uninstalled and tried to reinstall UT. Won't start. I downloaded the Full Game Download and the Installer/Updater but when I run the Updater I get an error saying "could not create the assets folder (q3ut4). Please verify the user rights to this folder." Am I getting some steps out of order?

#2 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm guessing you are on a Mac. If so, ignore the instructions that tell you to put the updater anywhere you want. You can't put it anywhere you want.

Try copying the updater to your desktop first and then running it. I think there's some permissions magic you have to (know how to do and then) do if you want to put the game in your applications folder and use the updater.

See the various threads about this error.
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#3 User is offline   fijimark Icon

• Account: fijimark

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the response. The updater said my version was up to date but program still won't launch. This my be a dumb question, but do I need the urbanterror42_full folder as well or just the updater? From the description, they make it sound as if the updater contains the files needed to play the game.

This post has been edited by fijimark: 10 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

#4 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

Try editing your q3config.cfg and change r_ignorehwgamma to 1 instead of 0 (or add the line if it's not already there). If you need help, see the more detailed instructions.

I'm assuming this is your issue, but if that doesn't fix it let me know.
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942