• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

urt hd textures

#1 User is offline   Extra1 Icon

• Account: extra1

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

Could urt hd look like this?
cool face masks helmet sunglasses and the female charaters?

Posted Image

What is the max texture size for urt hd?

#2 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

Stop always comparing urt to other stuff. It is made by guys that are doing this for fun (kinda i guess). Ofc they dont have the knowledge or experience that EA workers have. But at least they are free and can do what THEY want. And they dont get burnout and are under fkn stress all the time. *caugh* fk ea *caugh caugh* If you dont like how urt HD comes out then play something else. Or maybe start working on a game yourself. Let them do what they want or if they ask for feedback at least give them realistic feedback and think of something interesting not of an idea you saw in your latest Battleduty 1337.

Oh and also.

Battlefield doesnt look like the wallpaper you posted either. Until games look like this there will be a few more years. Also you wont have the PC to run it, because i just asume that you didnt spent 1500$/€/curency on your pc.

Edit:
Also who wanted to play against half naked girls with "BORN TO KILL" written on their ass? This is just embarrassing.

This post has been edited by baeX: 19 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

#3 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

Calm down there buddy, he just asked a question, no reason to go all ham on him.

To answer the question though: No, UrTHD will not look as visually impressive as a AAA title (and certainly not like a piece of artwork).
Cool masks, helmets and sunglasses however? Why not, there are helmets, sunglasses and masks now (via funstuff). Certainly their looks can be improved.
There will also probably be female characters, although wearing a bit more clothing, I reckon.

#4 User is offline   Extra1 Icon

• Account: extra1

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

Woow hold your horses :D

I just showing an example here for the sunglasses and helmet and no im not voting for girls with tatoo's on their asses.

i just bought a new pc intel core i7 4.0 mhz 64 bit
asrock z97 killer
8 mb kingstom ram
radeon r9 290

I just wanted to make guy's who work on it excited to make it cool like i know they will.

I just was curious what the max texture size is for the new urt i presume 1920x1080?

This post has been edited by Extra1: 20 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

#5 User is offline   Ntr Icon

• Account: ntr

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

View PostLochverstaerker, on 19 March 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

To answer the question though: No, UrTHD will not look as visually impressive as a AAA title

Says who? You? And you are who?
Give me one reason a map made for Urt HD on unreal engine 4 can't look equally or even more impressive than any map built for any given AAA title.

@Extra1, 1920x1080 isn't a texture resolution, it's the resolution of your monitor and has nothing to do with textures or their quality.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostNtr, on 20 March 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

Give me one reason a map made for Urt HD on unreal engine 4 can't look equally or even more impressive than any map built for any given AAA title.

I just highly doubt that a hobbyist mapper can produce a map as visually impressive as AAA titles, with superb lighting, particle effects(, destructible environment) and what not. Not that this is needed anyways though.

I wouldn't be mad to be proven wrong however..

#8 User is offline   xenolith Icon

• Account: xenolith
  • Main tag:

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Whether or not it looks like the original image doesn't matter. FS is working hard to improve all aspects of the game so UrTHD will be more visually appealing than that of the 4.x versions. And we also need help from the community, exposure via word of mouth etc. to grow interest in the game. Remember this is done with the work of everyone so instead of comparing UrT to other games, we should just focus on making the game enjoyable.
And if you want better maps, you could always learn how to map on UE4 and post images here: http://www.urbanterr...ror-hd-mapping/

#10 User is offline   Ntr Icon

• Account: ntr

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostLochverstaerker, on 20 March 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

I just highly doubt that a hobbyist mapper can produce a map as visually impressive as AAA titles, with superb lighting, particle effects(, destructible environment) and what not. Not that this is needed anyways though.

I wouldn't be mad to be proven wrong however..

If i remember correctly some people managed to pull off some pretty good looking shit back in the day, and it was on a half a piece of crap 10+ years old, outdated idtech 3 engine.

The only limit i see is designers will and determination. A half ass designer on idtech 3 will be a half ass designer on any given engine.

I'd like to see Delirium, or WillyDuck, or Mindriot having a go at this engine.
And i can bet my bollocks to a barn dance the results would be beyond impressive.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942