Urban Terror Forums: How to get set up for mapping for Urban Terror 4.1 with GtkRadiant 1.5 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get set up for mapping for Urban Terror 4.1 with GtkRadiant 1.5 Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#11 User is offline   paelleon (old) Icon

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:29 AM

BludShoT link=topic=9766.msg133323#msg133323 date=1203011721]
When you did step 5, did you put shaderlist.txt into your scripts folder in baseq3, or q3ut4?

q3ut4 originally. I then replicated it to every scripts folder i could find in both radient and urbanterror. sigh. I think I'll kill my mapping folder and start again.

#12 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:57 AM

Easiest way to make sure you dont forget anything when packaging your map:

http://www.levelart....index.php?id=30

BSPShoe

#13 User is offline   SS (old) Icon

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:00 AM

Ok...I think there is something wrong with the urbanterror.def file...I'm missing func_breakable (and probably more)in radiant, can anyone test it??? I can allready compile my room, ant test it, so I assume my install was ok.

#14 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:10 AM

do u have the file in the scripts folder

#15 User is offline   SS (old) Icon

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:21 PM

Yes...It's there!!! But I only get func_bobing, func_button, func_door, func_group, func_pendulum, func_plat, func_rotating, func_rotating_door, func_static, func_timer, func_train. Also...this is my first attempt with GtkRadiant, so I don't know if all this is ok compared to version 1.4 !

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

maybe your .def is messed up. go into ure zpak0_assets.pk3 and extract the def outa the scripts folder in there

#17 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

maybe your .def is messed up. go into ure zpak0_assets.pk3 and extract the def outa the scripts folder in there

I replaced the def file with the one out of zpak0_assets.pk3 in the tutorial. The one that was there before might have been exactly the same though, but I had downloaded it off the web so there is a small chance it was different? (I doubt it.)

Also, this tutorial needs work on a couple things, specifically, if you follow it, your shaders will not compile properly because you need to give extra paths in the command lines in Q3map2toolz (something I hope I can fix with a config file, or maybe customizing the build menu in radiant instead). Also, the tutorial needs to have common_spog.pk3 added, and a better shaderlist.txt and better explanation about shaderlist.txt.  I'll probably get around to it sometime.

#18 User is offline   SS (old) Icon

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Well my .def file is the same as the one from zpak0_assets.pk3 and still a no go  :-(

#19 User is offline   sleepingguy (old) Icon

• LocationQuebec

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:51 AM

my 2 cents: common.shader / sharderlist.txt

I did not saw information in this tuto about common.shader file, strange maybe i have just read to fast :-( . I had to put it in my scripts file and refer it in my shaderlist.txt file to make common shaders work with gtkradiant 1.5.
So the scripts directory has:
- yourmap.shader
- common.shader
- urbanterror.def
- shaderlist.txt => minimally refering yourmap.shader and common.shader (and others useful if you want to.) So add a line with yourmap and another one with common. do not put .shader extension in this file.

EDIT: btw [T]BludShoT this is a new answer to your post "Player Clip showing up as default missing texture instead of invisible" but $NULL answer is definitely a nicer one.

SleepingGuy

#20 User is offline   aodhon (old) Icon

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

This was happening to me as well after following this howto but I fixed it by copying the urbanterror.def file to C:Program FilesGtkRadiant 1.5.0q3.gamebaseq3 instead of the one inside your urbanterror directory.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942