Urban Terror Forums: Running into a wall of No's and Cannot's - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Running into a wall of No's and Cannot's Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

On the other hand I wish UrT to be GPL-ed and opensource  :-D 8-) (joking)

Well now you bring this up .. (forked the thread to avoid thread hijacking)

Let me make this clear to begin with. I am not asking to have UrT modcode to be GPL-ed or opensourced or even distributed so any random person can read/modify the game.
But what i would like to see is the UrT developers allow someone other than FrozenSand crew to take a peek in the source code ... and i do not mean myself.  :roll:
What i'm trying to get at is: Q3MME <http://q3mme.proboards75.com> is really a neat quality 'mod' for Quake3 engine based mods for motion-pictures capturing purposes with many (sexy) features. Pretty much all of the "awesome-o" Quake 3 movies you come across (AnnihilatioN, GetQuaked series, Event Horizon series, CastorFiber, tricking-iT series, FFF, etc.. etc..), Q3MME was used for capture, cam path, motion blur, etc..
But right now as it is, UrbanTerror is not supported and cannot be supported because UrbanTerror is a total conversion and too many things has been changed compared to vanilla Q3A itself (like weapons, animations etc.).
Attempts to use Q3MME with UrbanTerror with "fs_extraGames" argument and trying to load a demo result into "Bad animation number: 47" (or 48).
I have requested the developers of Q3MME in the past to include support for UrT. But they replied they simply cannot because they do not know how and what the changes are in UrT.
At this point, i think asking for FS to implement all the feature Q3MME has is pretty pointless as the countless time it has been repeated that any code related features will most likely not be done due to lack of time by FrozenSand's maincoder.

Now I do fully realize that even if you (FrozenSand) fulfilling this request, it will barely have any impact for the average UrT gamer. But my purpose with this thread is trying to convince FrozenSand that allowing others, in this case Q3MME developers, to look into UrT modcode might bring fruit to the existence of a tool that will give us, the urt community, more ability to create some quality motion-pictures media with UrbanTerror as content. Thus allow more creative video material to be created by the community to promote this game; I know that tarquin, myself, 2.f4, hab dich lieb, iMPreSs!Ve, and some others enjoy creating movies with UrT content.
And at the moment, there are work in progress to provide weekly video report for ioUrT League, beside our plans to provide more GTV coverage with shoutcasting (<3 Raider). Showing off game play moment highlights happened in that week and other news worthy info. Hoping this initiative will encourage more people to take active part of this community in the competition scene.

A balanced and fun game play doesn't sell itself to those that never heard of this game. But a spectacular video showing off the game play might. I have had some people that are die-hard ETQW competitive players messaging me about they watched some of the clips in the UrbanTerror channel on Vimeo
<http://www.vimeo.com/urbanterror> and decide to give UrT a try and actually enjoyed the game play .. tho obviously did complained about the graphics as it's not up to par to their usual ETQW stuff.  :-P

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942