• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.008 Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

#92 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 11 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

1)Under player loads is this jitter effect something that you experienced yourself as well or is only reports from other players on the server?

2)Is it only some reporting the problem or all players on the server?

3)Did players already on the server when playing fine suddenly have this problem?

4)Does the jitter only occur when moving?

5)Does it increase or decrease depending on player loads?

I've personally experienced jitters myself that would occur when I moved the mouse and would increase or decrease depending on how fast I was moving. At the time I was using a USB wireless mouse and to solve the jitters I switched to a wired mouse and the jitters went away.

At the moment there seems to be a relationship between mouse acceleration and jitter.

Hi

1)Yes, I experienced the jittery effect myself as well as all of our guys on Team Speak and the peeps not on TS.

2) Yes, same as above answer.

3)Yes, we asked and most people replied with the answer of yes.

4)As I am almost always moving, that is when I notice it most. Especially if I am in a firefight at full sprint and jump.

5) I would say it increases as the load increases.

Though you experienced the same effect with your mouse, I think it was unrelated. None of our players use a wireless mouse. Not to say that it isn't a general hardware acceleration problem.

Getting on to a busy server and seeing these things first hand may be the best way to go.

|30+|LtStriker

#93 User is offline   gutsanglory Icon

• Account: gutsanglory

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Totally agree with LtStriker, my server is experiencing the same issues. I have had to drop max players to 20 to try and keep it playable.

GUTS

#95 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 13 December 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

You do realize the game is designed for max 16, right? I know some ppl like to be crowded so I suggest those ppl play smaller maps.

I thought the maximum players had always been 32. There have been 32 players servers for a long time now, and official maps like Eagle are hard to play until 16+ people are playing.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#96 User is offline   PowerSSaiyanX Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Can yall add perm save locations for jump mode?? that way we can come back to that spot later. thanks.

This post has been edited by PowerSSaiyanX: 13 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

~ |WC|Saiyan
Twitter ->@saiyan20

#97 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 13 December 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

I thought the maximum players had always been 32. There have been 32 players servers for a long time now, and official maps like Eagle are hard to play until 16+ people are playing.

I have to agree with BladeKiller here. Urban Terror was always build for 16 Players, as was Quake 3. You can put more players on a Server, and many do, but that doesn't change the fact that the games were developed for less players and so it is more than likely that there will be issues of all sorts of things when you use more players on a Server.

And just because other people run 32 Player Servers doesn't make it right, you know. ;)

View Postn1n, on 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

1. ur'e an admin, you can see who you're playing with using usual /rcon status (and this is the right tool to show auth name, but it doesn't yet) or !lt via b3, don't need the auth name on the list for everyone to know
2. such system in every multiplayer blah blah yeah who cares, as soon as i can rename and not feel like being stalked it's ok, usually in those games only admins knew your account ID, you could play using another character with a new name, this does not imply if you have your auth name written all over the scoreboard ;)
3. there is no such feature in 4.2 and do not get your hopes up there will such a feature

What is your Problem with the Auth Name in the scoreboard ? Why should only an admin be able to find out who you're playing with ? If you have nothing to hide, you wouldn't have to worry that someone knows your Auth name. Its just valid in my opinion that I can find out who I am playing with on some Server. That shouldn't be a Admin-Only secret but is my right to know as well. Sorry, but suggesting it is not up to a player to know who he is playing with, makes your reasoning & intentions kinda questionable.

As long as you can't, as a regular player, see the other players IP (which is where I would draw the line when it comes to privacy), I don't see the issue that every player should be able to see other players Auth name. If a player has nothing to hide, he wouldn't have to worry about this.

However, as it is right now, the Auth names in the Scoreboard mess up the view when the name is longer. Best would be to create tabs in the Scoreboard so more information could be included in the scoreboard but wouldn't need to be shown in the same window.

#98 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I think it would be good to have an auto save location for jumpmaps, so when somebody calls a cyclemap or the round time is over you can continue later from the same spot.
start new or continue from last location YES/NO

Perm save locations could work well over a GUI menu that shows a screenshot of the location.

Another way would be that you can spawn on sections that you have already finished with /jump 1-99 but you can only teleport to unlocked jumps or over invitations from other players.

An GUI element that shows how many jumps you have finished and the location name would be nice ,too.

ObScUrE sets status to -> zZz

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#99 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostWolfseye, on 13 December 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

I have to agree with BladeKiller here. Urban Terror was always build for 16 Players, as was Quake 3. You can put more players on a Server, and many do, but that doesn't change the fact that the games were developed for less players and so it is more than likely that there will be issues of all sorts of things when you use more players on a Server.

And just because other people run 32 Player Servers doesn't make it right, you know. ;)

? 4.1 supports up to 32 players natively, and from those I've seen, without problems. It's a bit of a reach to say that it's not right. Bigger servers tend to be a gentler introduction for beginners to the game and can also be more social. I understand that the focus should be on scrim play first but I do think it would be a shame if the game could no longer handle 32 or even 20 players on a server. Maps like Eagle, Superman and Skylift can be great fun with >16 players.

#100 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostWolfseye, on 13 December 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

What is your Problem with the Auth Name in the scoreboard?

if you do not understand then maybe go and read my earlier posts, because i have come up with a bunch of reasonable arguments.
and i am not fully against it, i'd like the admins decide wether they allow it or not, that's all. eot for me.

This post has been edited by n1n: 13 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

<sXe>

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942