• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#161 User is offline   xisorz Icon

• Account: xisorz

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

This absolutely made my day.
It is absolutely hillarious to read the list. Especially after I got harassed by people like haduzz, trusty, within so many others, they get banned for cheating themselves.

This is a victory for FS, really is. What a trap.
This is also the best answer you could give to those people who say stuff like "urt is dying".

Great job, my respect for you increased dramatically.

#162 User is offline   Father Goose Icon

• Account: fathergoose
  • Main tag: |WC|

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

There's some misunderstandings by a few of people complaining in this thread, including some of the detected cheaters.

1. The theft of FrozenSand was recent in the last week from what I understand. As has been stated many times, the list of confirmed cheaters was garnered from the anti-cheat over a long period of time prior to the theft. As well as the source code that was stolen and then other info like forum accounts and passwords being stored in separate places, for good reason. So, attempting to argue that the theft somehow retroactively compromised the accuracy of the gathered data is chronologically ignorant and logically flawed.

2. Actual gameplay-affecting cheating is not necessary for anti-cheat to work. That's what is great about anti-cheat. Simply having cheats installed in some way will get someone banned. Demos are not necessary. It's not necessarily semantically straightforward then when someone claims "I have never cheated." It's like when someone with h3he hack enters the server with a GUID in the form of 19:36:10ktkwftmkemfew312/10/10. There is no debate to be had there. The proof is that GUID itself. Whoops, I misunderstood Fenix's post. H0i helped to clarify when he said below "We detect the cvars, but you do not get banned if you only have cvars, but don't use cheats." So, it's using cheats online, rather than offline or just having, but not using, that gets them banned.

3. Reputation does not mean #@$% when it comes to confirmed cheating. All of this "She's a good person" and "I know her for years" talk is irrelevant to the fact. Of course false positives should be double-checked and prevented, which I doubt these are, but these are poor arguments against anti-cheat. I could go and download a cheat right now in searching Google. All the years and relationships and reputation would mean jack squat.

This post has been edited by Father Goose: 19 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

#163 User is offline   Analbag Icon

• Account: analbag

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

WOW that really escalated quickly. on the one hand Urban Terror is a game that NEEDS AC. beeing admin on several P&N servers i caught a lot of hackers that could just delete their qkey ,reset their router and come back in a minute. beeing a decent player i got accused beeing a hacker quite a lot of times. the auth and AC can change all that stuff with Demos and loopholes to get around bans ( as long as the hacker gives a damn about his auth)

On the other hand there are a lot of admins that might have taken a look at a common used hack to make it easier to find players that hack, it might be that players tried a hack on a botgame hosted on their own server or on their PC as a local game i think it would be unfair if those guys get banned because of that: just because you took a look at a knife doesnt mean you stabbed someone.

I would like to know how that AC works. Are ppl only getting banned when they play with a hack on a server. or is it enough to start the game with a modified exe (aimbot wh etc.). Can peoples Clients or IPs get flagged when using cheats w/o auth and get banned later when playing with auth? can people get banned for using modified Clients (iKALiZER Audio Engine, Bumpmaps etc.)?

As long as FS can make sure that not 1 innocent player is banned im ok with the AC system.
hell, if thats the case im ok with FS making this thread a "public Execution"
and i will applaude to frozen sand for every head that rolls

but if the AC really doesnt work 100% accurately and innocents may be banned w/o a chance to explain themselves, i would say that FS should take another look at the AC and check if everyone in charge is guilty

till all that is clear i gonna lean back grab some snacks and watch the flamewars.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Analbag: 19 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

#164 User is offline   kenchu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: kenchu
  • Main tag: NED|

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

I like your name analbag

#165 User is offline   lrapidl Icon

• Account: lrapidl
  • Main tag: glory.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

They dont kill the Game they make it much better i prefer small grup of clean players instead of many dirty players.

Really great Job Frozen Sand there!
train or keep crying

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#166 User is offline   xisorz Icon

• Account: xisorz

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postvrederust, on 19 August 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

I like your name analbag

vrede mate isnt it time to call ryu and suta back and restart vz already? :)
urt is taking a step in the right direction and i know this is something you guys wanted to happen and im sure that this event will scare people to death of ever trying to load up a cheat again.
take care mate

#168 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

could we get a dev comment on post #98 and #99 ...

i read the whole thread.. but don't feel our concerns were dispelled ... but answered with the "believe it or not" hammer...

thanks..

---

i might have to add this is not about banned online friends (got none on that list)
but about the theoratical possibilty that there might be an error, those affected would currently be fucked ..
fs should think about ways to prevent unfair bans... claiming there won't be any ever ain't a solution

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 19 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#169 User is offline   kenchu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: kenchu
  • Main tag: NED|

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

who cheated - obvious
on which server - doesnt matter
from which host - doesnt matter
when he cheated- cheat is cheat time doesnt matter
which types of cheats he used- lol
for how long he used the cheats (every cheat, not cumulative)- see the above
if he cheated in his last game session - really
frequency of hacks usage - once is enough

View Postxisorz, on 19 August 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

vrede mate isnt it time to call ryu and suta back and restart vz already? :)
urt is taking a step in the right direction and i know this is something you guys wanted to happen and im sure that this event will scare people to death of ever trying to load up a cheat again.
take care mate

not my call ryu and suta have a mind of their own

This post has been edited by vrederust: 19 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

#170 User is offline   crimzon Icon

• Account: crimzon
  • Main tag: ]h3[

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Its really a victory for FS xisorz. Some people just can't believe that their friends got banned.

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942