Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#361 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 21 August 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

good to see fs does listen ..

i still think it's sad you need a lobby to actually be taken seriously if you claim you were banned unfairly in order to get your case examined ..

and i truely find this whole witchhunt hurray!! from a bunch of players on this thread annoying and disappointing, even qa members obviously are having fun trolling others.. you should be bigger than that..

taken fs is reading all those posts.. i think it's sad they only reply to those posts that feel convenient to them ... that's just a great way to control the discussion .. ignorance is a tool to direct this discussion .. that's unfair

___
pilou obviously felt the same way... but was a little faster.. good to see others are watching closely to what is going on here..

You expect us to reply to almost 400 posts? You didn't realize our replies in this thread cover almost all questions asked? We listen to people who are honest and ask things in a normal way, not to those who flame and make ridiculous demands. It has always been like that. We completely ignored this 'lobby', because it is stupid, and it deserves nothing more than to be ignored. People who want their case examined only have to write us in a polite way. These people who are trying to boycott FS, or are saying their friends could never hack (some even threatened us, lol!), or those who say we're lying are just not people who deserve any kind of attention from us.

And this is very reasonable. Nearly all other games out there completely ignore protest against an anticheat. They do not care if the cheat was detected because of some stupid reason, like sharing details/settings with a cheater. They ban people who only had cheat vars or traces in their config but didn't have a cheat installed without regret. We might even reduce some bans for a few people if there is a good reason for it, although the vast majority will stay permabanned for sure. If that isn't reasonable, then nothing is.

#362 User is offline   saint Icon

•   community admin   
    www.urban-terror.fr
  • Account: saint
  • Main tag: pwnie.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postcholzzon, on 21 August 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

I love how all the French little shits r talking lol

u guys r a dozen miracles short of sainthood,u unbanned a cheater so he can play nc and he carried u to gold. lets talk about this http://clanbase.ggl....41855&suspend=1

u r no better than the scum on that list, stfu thx

w3 @r3 t3h c13@n!!!!

I'm looking forward the next NC. If he does carry the French national team as he did on the last one, I suggest you put a hood on your head and hide somewhere.

1'm t3h jUdg3 t4lk1n b0ut 3v3ryth1nG 1 w4nt cUz 1'm t3h b35t r0fl

By the way, these people complaining on this topic ain't all French. xddddd kthxbaibbq

#363 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostDrizzt, on 21 August 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Well, this happens by using the name of the character from a book

Yes, I'm well aware of the origin. I never read that series but did read many of the Dragonlance Chronicles books and the Twins series.

#364 User is offline   Divinity Icon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't think the final chapter on "pro" players being caught cheating has been written. It stands to reason that some small percentage are. Having an AC will hopefully help and it greatly sucks that the code thieves let the cat out of the bag before it saw action in competition realms. Seriously, I'd like to kick each of you in the nuts repeatedly.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#366 User is offline   Divinity Icon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

It seems reasonable that there might be one or two circumstances that are not as bad as they seem. I myself Googled to see if I could find a hack that fit the profile of a demo I was certain wasn't legit. For specific reasons I won't say what the search string was.

Lo and behold I found links to hacks that purported to offer a feature that I guessed it might have. I think I alerted FS to it, but didn't download it to "test" for obvious reasons. If FS had asked me to (as one person has alleged) I still would have said no, but maybe others aren't so judicious about it.

But most? Go stick your genitals in a meat grinder.

#367 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostH0i, on 21 August 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

You expect us to reply to almost 400 posts? You didn't realize our replies in this thread cover almost all questions asked? We listen to people who are honest and ask things in a normal way, not to those who flame and make ridiculous demands. It has always been like that. We completely ignored this 'lobby', because it is stupid, and it deserves nothing more than to be ignored. People who want their case examined only have to write us in a polite way. These people who are trying to boycott FS, or are saying their friends could never hack (some even threatened us, lol!), or those who say we're lying are just not people who deserve any kind of attention from us.

And this is very reasonable. Nearly all other games out there completely ignore protest against an anticheat. They do not care if the cheat was detected because of some stupid reason, like sharing details/settings with a cheater. They ban people who only had cheat vars or traces in their config but didn't have a cheat installed without regret. We might even reduce some bans for a few people if there is a good reason for it, although the vast majority will stay permabanned for sure. If that isn't reasonable, then nothing is.

thank you for your attention..

there are close to 400 posts but the minority would demand your attention, most of those posts are people getting off on their ego or on others being banned. so this would not be as much work as you claim but maybe your lack of time to answer questions in here shows that fs is in need of more active forum admins ...

fs tends to claim that its development team is doing things differently, special in a way and - as you didn't get tired to stress in the past - incomparable to other development teams (valve is the exception to the rule here)
yet when it comes to ac and the way fs is handeling the current situation you are not getting tired pointing out that those companies you earlier claimed you couldn't be compare with aren't doing things any different than you right now..
that's hypocritical ..

i have never said that your ac is bullshit and i didn't flame, i stated that trust is a damaged good in urt and its "community" and that with your history of buggy software releases you are in bitter need to explain what you did with your ac and assure us that this thing can be trusted .... what i merely criticise here is the way you released information.

you could have explained to us how this thing works without giving away too much detail so you don't compromise your effort but detailed enough "so we can see what you did there" and you could've done all this with your inital news post. that's where you could have explained how players who feel treated unfairly are supposed to get in touch with you. furthermore you could have explained why exactly you think it's unlikely your ac could make mistakes, this way you would've taken precautions and additionally you would've proven that fs cared for the "community's" worries. well, you chose not to do anything alike, instead we were basically told to either trust the ac or not trust the ac since it didn't matter anyway.

what i am saying is that you should have been a step ahead.

and i know that somewhere in those 400 posts things got cleared up and questions were answered but you seriously could've done better.

and since i got your attention now, i still feel you should explain in simple words why you think ac can't fail.

---
i was typing while you added your reply frankie..
i am aware this was a figure of speech: you and your buddy was messing around on line taking a cheat for a test drive.
and hopefully this wasn't pointed at me, nevertheless i have to say that i have never downloaded or installed cheats for urt... the only vaguely stupid thing i did was download roygbiv's optimized build because i was and still am unhappy with 4.2's performance on my computer... i don't wanna drag roygbiv's name through the mire here, he claims his build is clean .. the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is that this client wasn't approved by fs or any league ..

the reason for my repeated posts on this forum is the hope for transparent and fair methods...

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 21 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#368 User is offline   RAW-mEAT Icon

• Account: rawmeat
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 21 August 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

As it stands where is the line drawn? Should the 100 using a cheat off-line be included in the list?

yes please.

#370 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 21 August 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

As it stands where is the line drawn? Should the 100 using a cheat off-line be included in the list?

Yes.

In the event of being chat CVars, maybe only temporal bans - there's always the chance of somebody testing someone's config.

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 21 August 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

you could have explained to us how this thing works without giving away too much detail so you don't compromise your effort but detailed enough "so we can see what you did there" and you could've done all this with your inital news post.

They already gave far too much detail about how the AC works on this thread for any cheat coder with enough knowledge to bypass the methods they explained.

Honestly, I see no reason why anyone would need to know how it works unless it's with malicious reasons. I see no reason either why people not related to the direct development of the AC (or people who is not in charge of reviewing the code) should have any access or being told how it works either.

Of course, if the AC code is within the Git code, they're telling nothing new to the people who is curious or lame enough to go check it out, but still, when it comes to AC, the rule of thumb is to tell nothing, to let nothing be known about it, and the less people with direct access, the better.

This post has been edited by DeMS: 21 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942