• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How about promotion?

#11 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 08 October 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

im sorry if the only ones you know are retards like PewDiePie.

That's a bit mean.... but there will always be the people who don't share the same opinion :)

But as I stated somewhere else on this forum, a small teaser trailer would go well to at least put out the existence of an arena style game that is being worked on. Like that Toxxic game thing, a new arena style game that's coming out, personally I would prefer a free game to a Payed game just like I prefer Home-made music to commercial crap.

Make a game look fun (in a trailer or something).... then reveal it's free....... I already need to change my pants.
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#12 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

How about the Devs hold a competition for whoever can make the best UrT trailer?

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#13 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Take small steps and if UrT HD gets popular, then save together a bit of money and make a commercial for the TV.

#14 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

I think that the Trailer path on Youtube might work and even without spending a dime. Game trailers get watched a lot, especially if you add proper key-tags to your video. If it gets many views, some Youtuber might even review it on their own accord without being asked.

This post has been edited by Kolossus: 09 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

#15 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 08 October 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

On a personal note Urban Terror is the game I'm interested in working on for free because it has value beyond an idea based on wishful thinking and the effort can be put into doing something to see what can happen and I for one would not be interested in starting from scratch with a new game with out the promise that I would be paid for the effort that a new start up should represent.

As corny as it sounds Urban Terror is a freak of gaming nature that should have died years ago but what I think keeps it going is the simplicity of game play which is easy to learn but hard to master and there is enough people who like simple that there is a lot more going on here than just a game.

Nice words Frankie, you almost made me cry. True words right from the heart!

Anyway a marketing strategy urt could handle is guerilla marketing. This strategy can be done without having any costs (or just a little bit). We really should've a word about this, one-to-one. I've got some great ideas for making this work, without having any costs!
~ Cheers

xF.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostFleuv, on 09 October 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

... a marketing strategy urt could handle is guerilla marketing. This strategy can be done without having any costs (or just a little bit). We really should've a word about this, one-to-one. I've got some great ideas for making this work, without having any costs!

It might work but we'll need some bananas, and someone to train the gorillas.

#17 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 09 October 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

It might work but we'll need some bananas, and someone to train the gorillas.

lol, make sure they are vacinated; but seriously, all the Devs need to do is hold a UrT trailer competition and just give the winner bragging rights or something.

#18 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostDark-knight, on 10 October 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

lol, make sure they are vacinated; but seriously, all the Devs need to do is hold a UrT trailer competition and just give the winner bragging rights or something.

You've to consider that one promotional product wont be enough, there have to be plenty of them. Yes I agree, creating a trailer is one of the most important products to have. But only posting it on the forums or on youtube won't be enough to make it real popular. Therefor is a channeling really important, channeling is spreading your promotional product on as many places as possible.

If you're going to spend money than you should make an overview of what channel and product is the best to choose for. But in this case no money is involved, but time is. So this would be one of the most important condition, including efficiency of course to prioritise our promotional products.

Now an example about choosing a channel with the best rendement, where the product is the trailer:
Channels..
  • Random players on games similar to UrtHD
  • Oldschool players who think urt is ancient and don't know about the new game (of course they dont play urt anymore).

So which channel will you target?
  • Time: It won't cost a lot of time to select players
    Efficiency: Not many players will be interested, perhaps because they already like what they are playing now or maybe they don't. Than they probably will have a look but than the question remains will they like, try and play it eventually?
  • Time: It will cost way more time to find or find a way to get in touch with these oldschool players.
    Efficiency: The player definitely will have a look and most of them will try it out. They will probably try to hook up some old friends and may also bring some new friends. But for how long will they stay? The question remains..

In this case I would definitely prioritise channel 1 as most important.

Hopefully you guys now understand what I'm talking about, it seemed like no one understood me yet.

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 10 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

~ Cheers

xF.

#20 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 10 October 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

~~~

I know about those videos that are already on youtube, what I'm suggesting is a 30sec to 1min video describing/showcasing urban terror and all its features. and we could post the best video on Reddit or something and say "hey look at this game I just found" or something like that.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942