• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How about promotion?

#22 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 11 October 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

this kind of back door promoting has already been attempted

I appreciate you taking the time to talk to an 'idea guy'. So far the only video that remotely fits the criteria that I stated is http://youtu.be/s8SpyOlmTVI and to be frank, the video sucks, its to long and only shows mediocre gameplay.

View PostFrankie V, on 11 October 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

Our attention is now being focused on how to use Steam to promote the game to come as well spotlight that Urban Terror is already a game they can play in a kind of 4.2 is the playable demo way and with Quake 3 Arena going F2P on Steam it might be a good time to see if we can bootstrap to the reboot.

~~~

Steam Concepts is low risk as far as community involvement goes so if anyone is interested in helping out with a one-shot project we would be interested in hearing from you if interested in getting directly involved in doing something besides being the idea guy.

I'm not dissagreeing with you, this is a great idea, but I would like you to consider what I'm about to say.
Stay away from Greenlight and stick with Steam Concepts until it is COMPLETELY done or you will lose the hype and a very large percentage of your potential player base.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#24 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 10 October 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Well we have ran a few promotion videos and even ran a “trailer” contest and the results is such types of content does not attract interest outside of our own core player base.

The only option for us to increase interest is paid advertising with a bump once we begin the Greenlight process.

But.

We are also looking at making use of the concept stage on Steam so if this is something the community would like to get involved with we would be a lot more interested in ideas, content and concepts, that we can feed into an environment of gamers than than posting stuff on YouTube thats only interesting to our player base.

else

One could always mail bomb totalbiscuit that he needs to do a first impression video on Urban Terror but you did not hear that from me. :D

If you are trying to promote the game, then you should being Greenlighting the concept on Steam. I've made at least 5 posts about this and each time the reply is "wait" or "later" or something to that end. You have more than enough content to Greenlight.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#27 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Jesus did no one read what I said? omg.
There is a reason I said this. Hint: it makes sense.

View PostDark-knight, on 12 October 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, this is a great idea, but I would like you to consider what I'm about to say.
Stay away from Greenlight and stick with Steam Concepts until it is COMPLETELY done or you will lose the hype and a very large percentage of your potential player base.

Btw Frankie, I actually found one video that takes about the history of UrT

and then the video that you have on the official youtube channel shows pretty good gameplay.

maybe just a combination of both, and under 1 min would be good enough to keep people interested in 4.2.

anyway, you Devs are doing a good job, keep it up.

This post has been edited by Dark-knight: 15 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#28 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

How about reality check ?

I can literaly read that someone is excited , but actually there is nothing to be excited about .

I seriously doubt anyone started such type of topic has the desire personally to get involved in the popularization process , but rather invite someone else to do the dirty job .

This community lack quality , & quantity of quality it needs so badly , let's compare it to :

''To give some perspective a modern game with a million dollar advertising campaign across all gaming platforms is considered a success if it sells several million units . DooM did that just by the word of mouth at the time the gaming market was much smaller , at the time internet is in its nursing stages . ''

If that is really what happend (one cannot be too sure , profesional gossipers are just that) ... What a community , eh ?
Not such a placeholder like that here , even placeholder is too much .
Don't tell me the tech supposed to connect people actually disconnects them even more , ROFL .

Where was that community till that day ? Why they didn't made it popular decade ago (when the atmosphere was suitable for such type of game )?

'' But DooM was influential , Urban Terror is nothing special , never was , never will be . Urban Terror is so bad that's why it is free '' - especially towards Urban Terror ingenerally that is the attitude , what an awesome community . Why are you playing it then , dear hypocrites ?

BTW speaking of it what kind of users are usually visiting those forums & what kind of ''creative'' discussions get most attention ?

The absurd ones :
http://www.urbanterr...-get-legit-bro/
''Why you are banning me I am just cheating ? How you can be so bad ? '' ,
''What is so wrong to cheat ?'' , '' Come on dont ban me I am just cheating . '' , '' Come on it is just '' But how you can be so stupid to not believe me I didn't cheat ?! Will I claim I am not cheating if I cheat ?! '' .
Spoiler

At last , but not least retards ... well the world is theirs , especially nowadays , especially about any kind of media , as it was said in a comedian sketch (comedian & very true aswell) you are in the minority , you shall adapt !
:D

Wish you to have fun like I do ;)

PS Frankie V , you enjoy so much giving comparisons with CS , probably would like to know (if you don't) that I heard Valve probably did some very simple thing anyone could do (& it is meant money free) to make CS what it is today & the trick might still works to a degree ...
It is not the right time I will tell you tommorow (if you know what I mean :D) ;) .

This post has been edited by Txc: 25 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942